How did we all survive.

How did we all survive.

This is a discussion on How did we all survive. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Milk and Cookie Disease | Sugar | Dairy | Diet | The Daily Meal The horror...............................Lead paint, no bicycle helmets, and NOW.......Milk and cookies.....................

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: How did we all survive.

How did we all survive.

Milk and Cookie Disease | Sugar | Dairy | Diet | The Daily Meal

The horror...............................Lead paint, no bicycle helmets, and NOW.......Milk and cookies..................
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Yup, when I was a kid, I put large sticks of butter on my feet and skated around on Paul Bunyan's giant skillet to cook his flapjacks. Now, they say that cooking flapjacks in a giant skillet is dangerious......I disagree.
    pittypat21, atctimmy and myrkr like this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

It seems like the more we find scapegoats for small issues and the more we "safe-guard"...well, pretty much everything, the more screwed up people get. Look how many more nutjobs there seem to be today than in the past!

I have a 66 Mustang which I have owned for years (not running right now if anyone wants to help rebuild it) that did not come with and has never had seat belts. I got pulled over years ago by a LEO who told me I was going to have to install some or every time he saw me he would write me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. I tried to explain that it never had them and I didn't have to. He didn't seem to care.

How did we survive riding in the back of pick ups, no seat belts, baby carriages that were not recalled by the FTC for being unsafe, gasoline with lead in it, the list goes on and on.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    That I'm still breathing today is proof the experts are wrong on all these dangers to kids.
    msgt/ret and NONAME762 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I have a 66 Mustang which I have owned for years (not running right now if anyone wants to help rebuild it) that did not come with and has never had seat belts. I got pulled over years ago by a LEO who told me I was going to have to install some or every time he saw me he would write me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. I tried to explain that it never had them and I didn't have to. He didn't seem to care.

How did we survive riding in the back of pick ups, no seat belts, baby carriages that were not recalled by the FTC for being unsafe, gasoline with lead in it, the list goes on and on.
    Did you point out that vehicles that don't have current "safety requirements" installed as original equipment don't need them?
    IndianaSig and atctimmy like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Let's see.....when we had all of those things, America was very strong and the envy of the world. But in the name of progress, we got rid of them. Now we're told on a daily basis how bad things are and that America has no future. Hmmmm....you don't think there's a correlation there.....do you?
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

VIP Member
    Where I grew up if it wasn’t fried in lard it wasn’t fit to eat. We also had fresh squeezed milk straight from the barn to the house and the eggs, the only thing done to them was candling, it there was a blood spot they went back under the brood hen to be hatched. If I was out in the garden it was not uncommon to pull a tomato off the vine and eat it right there and I even carried a small saltshaker for just that. Oh and water, we drew it from the well no chlorine or fluoride. Most of what we ate or drank would send the radicals at Science in the Public Interest and the CDC into convulsions today.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post

Ride a two-wheeled vehicle with no seat belt (and no helmet in my state), and you're cool. Drive a four-wheeled vehicle without a seat belt and get a ticket.

Why do we keep letting these morons do this stuff to us?!
    packinnova and atctimmy like this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I can remember we had to roll up truck and car windows by HAND. Wow and we walked to school up hill both ways. Back then never seen fat kids.
    Secret Spuk and pittypat21 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Where I grew up if it wasn’t fried in lard it wasn’t fit to eat. We also had fresh squeezed milk straight from the barn to the house and the eggs, the only thing done to them was candling, it there was a blood spot they went back under the brood hen to be hatched. If I was out in the garden it was not uncommon to pull a tomato off the vine and eat it right there and I even carried a small saltshaker for just that. Oh and water, we drew it from the well no chlorine or fluoride. Most of what we ate or drank would send the radicals at Science in the Public Interest and the CDC into convulsions today.
    Sounds like we may have had similar childhoods. I grew up on a 237 acre farm in Central Indiana. I could go months at a time and not eat anything that didn't come from that farm. No regulations, no FDA, no media watchdog groups.....

I'm still here.

Well 40Bob, the truth is they didn't all survive. Years ago, stupid people quickly and efficiently culled themselves from the herd. Then along came the do-gooder liberals with their consumer protection laws, product labels, seat belt and helmet laws, and all that other stuff designed for the sole purpose of saving stupid people from themselves. This allowed stupid people to live long lives and have stupid children.

And that folks is why there are so many stupid people in this country.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I think they'll finally discover after a long time that what keeps people healthy and eradicates most disease is grease.

Protectionists=Nanny State....
    BamaT likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    I think they'll finally discover after a long time that what keeps people healthy and eradicates most disease is grease.
    Back when I was a MAC Aircrew member if one got a “grease low light” and did not get a burger within four hours he would go into convulsions.
    Bad Bob and detective like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links