Ever get stuck on an actor or actress?

This is a discussion on Ever get stuck on an actor or actress? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ever get stuck on an actor or actress? And I don't mean infatuated LOL. Sometimes I will see a movie and then start watching all ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Ever get stuck on an actor or actress?

Ever get stuck on an actor or actress?

Ever get stuck on an actor or actress? And I don't mean infatuated LOL. Sometimes I will see a movie and then start watching all of the movies that person has made. I was watching the "Conversation" last night starring Gene Hackman. One of the supporting actors is John Cazale. That is a name most don't remember but recognize the man.

He had a short film career (1967-1968). He was in "The Conversation", "The Godfather" I and II, "The Deer Hunter", "Dog Day Afternoon".

Guess I will be watching those movies this week!
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Ever get stuck on an actor or actress? And I don't mean infatuated LOL. Sometimes I will see a movie and then start watching all of the movies that person has made. I was watching the "Conversation" last night starring Gene Hackman. One of the supporting actors is John Cazale. That is a name most don't remember but recognize the man.

He had a short film career (1967-1968). He was in "The Conversation", "The Godfather" I and II, "The Deer Hunter", "Dog Day Afternoon".

My wife met John Cazale, said he was a really nice guy and a good actor. Died way too soon.
    Certified Infidel

VIP Member
    Suntzu , I used to watch alot of movies . But as they talk in the media they lose me because of the liberal veiws they have . As of late i just want them to Act and not the talking part. But Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington get my vote for best actors.
    Morgan Freeman= Power of One
    Denzel Washington= Man on Fire
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

I tend to follow Bruce Willis and Sandra Bullock I like their work. I tend to stay out of their nonworking lives unless they do something that I consider off the charts such as Jane Fonda or Michael Jackson whose name associated with something guarantees I won't be viewing.

Aside from the megastars there are a few slightly lesser known actors/actresses that I like. I don't necessarily go out of my way to watch all of their movies but if I see they are in a movie it will give me extra motivation to see it or stay on a channel longer. One of those actors is Don Cheadle. Although, he is a bit more famous now than when I first started enjoying his movie roles.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

VIP Member
    John Cusack

Grosse Pointe Blank. Good movie, lots of shoot em ups...
    DJC7 likes this.

Some actors elevate any film they're in. Liam Neeson, Robert Duvall, Robert Deniro, Al Pacino, Edward Norton - pretty much guarantee the film will at least be worth watching.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Some actors elevate any film they're in. Liam Neeson, Robert Duvall, Robert Deniro, Al Pacino, Edward Norton - pretty much guarantee the film will at least be worth watching.
    Funny you said that. John Cazale was in films with Pacino (x3), Robert Duvall (x2), and Robert DeNiro.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    I've only seen a couple of his movies, but Thomas Lennon, the guy who played Uncle Ned in 17 again is hilarious.

I have moments. I like Denzel Washington, Ethan Hawke and Jeremy Renner. But echoing welder, sometimes I lose respect when they open their mouths. Renner was in that viral video to demand a plan of course. I try to put aside their opinions because it shouldnt reflect their proffesion but then I remember they pretty much are using their fame to push thoes opinions. Otherwise they would just be regular people whos adgendas and politics dont matter. The one that still gets me is the kid in all thoes stoner movies who went to work for Obama.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

VIP Member
    Kevin Spacey.
    atctimmy likes this.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    I got stuck on an actress once and Ma threatened to throw us over the clothes line.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

John was a good friend of someone I know quite well and both hung with the same group of actors. He (John) and Meryl Streep were seeing each other and I believe at the time he was diagnosed with cancer, which he died of in time. To all who knew him he was a wonderful person and a great loss to those close to him. He also was a very fine actor. I'm sure you've seen the GODFATHER where he is featured in both parts.

Gene Hackman also a terrific actor and "The Conversation" one of my favorite films! Good Taste!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Glad you mentioned Robert Duvall! Another one of my favorites along with Michael Caine, which is why I love Secondhand Lions.
    atctimmy likes this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Yea, Tom Hardy. For those that might not know he was bane in the last batman...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links