Just called the sheriff on my neighbor

This is a discussion on Just called the sheriff on my neighbor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just saw the stupidest thing going down the road. A black SUV with a kid hanging off the side of it, hands holding onto ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Just called the sheriff on my neighbor

VIP Member

Angry Just called the sheriff on my neighbor

I just saw the stupidest thing going down the road. A black SUV with a kid hanging off the side of it, hands holding onto the door with his feet on the running board. Vehicle is going approx 35 mph and stops at a neighbor's house, the kid hops off, and ta-da, there's another kid handing off the other side that I didn't see. At least two "adults" in the vehicle.

Years ago I had a drunk pedestrian run out across my vehicle when I was going under 25 mph and I almost killed him.

Apparently some "adults" don't care about some kids getting their heads squashed like melons.

So I called the sheriff (out of city limits here). Let the fun begin.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

2. Remove Ads

Your call since you are there. If it was my neighbor I would have a talk with him first.

I agree it is stupid. How old were the kids?
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Your call since you are there. If it was my neighbor I would have a talk with him first.

I agree it is stupid. How old were the kids?
    If the parents were dumb enough to allow them to do such a thing, why do you think they would be smart enough to listen to an intelligent adult?

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Stuff like that happens alot.I seriously don't know what the heck is wrong with people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    If the parents were dumb enough to allow them to do such a thing, why do you think they would be smart enough to listen to an intelligent adult?
    I said what I would do with my neighbors..I know them. I do not know the situation where she is and what her neighbors are like.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Come to my end of the state and your blood will boil. It is not uncommon to see people speeding down the road with full car; usually an adult or teen pasenger with an infant in their lap up front and a bunch of unrestrained children jumping around in the back. I have seen one instance where one kid is laying in the back window across the deck.
    Tada gan irracht - Nothing without effort

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Let nature sort them as God intended.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    I only know this neighbor from her yard sale last weekend. I bought some toys off of her. The kids were between 11-15ish. Mom seemed ok, dad wasn't present. Kids seemed ok.

Having a handgun carry permit, I was not about to visit a neighbor and inquire about the reckless endangerment of her own children. If she showed such poor decision making with the safety of her own children, I didn't expect much apologetic or enlightened behavior from her. In fact, inquiring about such poor decision making would likely result in a defensive or confrontational response. And that's what cops are for.

My husband just came home and when I told him which neighbor it was, he confirmed my decision was the right one. Not too long ago, the dad did a roll through a stop sign and nearly collided with my husband. My husband blew his horn, the guy got out, went up to his window, waved his hands out and said, "Are you alright? I just want to make sure. Are.You. All. Right." And not in a friendly manner - he did it in a sarcastic, confrontational manner.

So...... flaming bag of poop on my doorstep tonight?
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Or theirs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Mom is just working with them on their urban assault drills.

Sometimes only Darwin can fix stupid.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    I'm with you on this Betty. If adults want to act stupid with their lives, ok...it's their life. But, that doesn't give them the right to let kids act stupid with theirs. God knows they do that without a parents help as it is.

An adult should be the adult.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Eh... I've seen and done worse. Hell, I used to ride in the back of my grandfathers pickup with legs hanging off the tailgate all over the farm and down the little 35mph country roads when spending the summers with him. Granted he drives like a turtle...

And yes...I did catch a "free" bus ride or two on my skateboard living in the city... None to smart there...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    Any dealings i have with my neighbor it is done by the local police . He has threatened me with harm. The biggest thing is i walk away not in fear but wisdom . That makes him even more mad.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

There was a kid in Edmond who did that a couple months back. I think he's recently begun talking again. Small words. Serious brain damage and all that.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    I just saw the stupidest thing going down the road. A black SUV with a kid hanging off the side of it, hands holding onto the door with his feet on the running board. Vehicle is going approx 35 mph and stops at a neighbor's house, the kid hops off, and ta-da, there's another kid handing off the other side that I didn't see. At least two "adults" in the vehicle.

Years ago I had a drunk pedestrian run out across my vehicle when I was going under 25 mph and I almost killed him.

Apparently some "adults" don't care about some kids getting their heads squashed like melons.

So I called the sheriff (out of city limits here). Let the fun begin.
    That is probably going to be on You Tube shortly. Have you ever seen some of the stupid things they do on there ?
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links