Fitting Photos of the Boston Terrorist Released: Cop Who Did SUSPENDED!

This is a discussion on Fitting Photos of the Boston Terrorist Released: Cop Who Did SUSPENDED! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here's a story relating to the "Movie Star" treatment of the young man who recently killed a child + others and made many others legless ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Fitting Photos of the Boston Terrorist Released: Cop Who Did SUSPENDED!

Here's a story relating to the "Movie Star" treatment of the young man who recently killed a child + others and made many others legless at Boston Marathon Attack. I'm sure you've seen a Photo of the Rolling Stone cover and know what I mean about Tasmvev's star photo.
    A State Police Officer released more fitting photos of the hunt for him and his capture: where he looks like what he is. That officer is now suspended! They better let this officer return to duties with no penalties, many are furious about Rolling Stone's cover and won't like it one bit if this officer is punished for releasing honest photos of the terrorist.

Photog releases photos of Boston bombing suspect - SFGate

I don't know if what the officer did is appropriate - but I'm glad he did. Let's see the reality, not the media-twisted version of it.

Rolling Stone has been trash for a long time, and remains so.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I don't know if what the officer did is appropriate - but I'm glad he did. Let's see the reality, not the media-twisted version of it.

Rolling Stone has been trash for a long time, and remains so.
    I think it's appropriate but violated Dept Regs.

Had a case like that here. Too long to post in detail but the cop did two great Rights - finding a Serial Killer which released someone else from 20 yrs in prison and at the same time - and also, another case, found actual murderer of a child. The child's mother, who was convicted of the Murder, was released from prison. But officer made public police-evidence videos to do it and was brought up on charges and pretty much forced out.

Truth-tellers and Doers get screwed in the end...
    Last edited by detective; July 19th, 2013 at 08:23 PM.
    blitzburgh likes this.

VIP Member
    The problem with the photo the officer released is that it will have no impact on the perception of Tsarnaev. If anything it makes him look more manly and rugged (blood and all...) and "hotter" to all those intellectually stunted morons who admire this animal.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Photos released to Boston Magazine by Massachusetts State Police tactical photographer Sgt. Sean Murphy show a downcast, disheveled Dzhokhar Tsarnaev with the red dot of a sniper's rifle laser sight boring into his forehead.

Really? No self-respecting police *sharpshooter* that I've met would use a laser sight. A laser rangefinder, maybe. But those aren't visible lasers.

Outside of that it looks like he was lucky they found him. He looks like he was on the verge of death.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    What he did caused him to get suspended?.Not exactly a smart move
    detective likes this.

Distinguished Member
    How long has it been since the 13 were killed by a Muslim and not a vedict yet or a lot of coverage. This is what the Holder Obama JUST-US is looking like for this sub human piece of excrement.
    We torture every person flying in the US each and every day with your nail clipper has a knife blade throw it away to your shampoo bottle is to big yet when we get two direct we can't come up with a trial and a verdict in a six year period.

Spill some oil while changing your cars oil and let your neighbor call the hazmat team and see what happens to you the average American citizen. Rollinstone magazine took down Petreus and is elevating this garbage to hero rock star. Just sick and wrong in my eyes.

Not sure this is the justice our founding fathers thought of when they produced the Constitution.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Manolito, I don't disagree with any of the comments, but don't kid yourself that the American press was any less controversial in the 1700s than it is today. They were every bit as provocative, every bit as dedicated to a point of view and willing to spin the story towards the political proclivities of the editors, and even more willing to tell bald faces lies to shape public opinion to be more in line with their views.

If anything, the press is more honest today because technology allows any individual to extensively fact check them almost instantly, and social media gets the news stories before the news outlets, so there are more reported eye witnesses.

Not saying that Rolling Stone isn't a rag, it is, but only that we see more of the reality and more of the truth than we ever have before, and over all I think that's a net positive for the republic.

There were a couple of reprobate criminals running around Missouri in the late 1860s who were not better than gangbanging street thugs, but people made them into heroes at the time, and some still celebrate them as heroes even thought they were brigands and murderers....
    detective likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    How long has it been since the 13 were killed by a Muslim and not a vedict yet or a lot of coverage. This is what the Holder Obama JUST-US is looking like for this sub human piece of excrement.
    We torture every person flying in the US each and every day with your nail clipper has a knife blade throw it away to your shampoo bottle is to big yet when we get two direct we can't come up with a trial and a verdict in a six year period.

Spill some oil while changing your cars oil and let your neighbor call the hazmat team and see what happens to you the average American citizen. Rollinstone magazine took down Petreus and is elevating this garbage to hero rock star. Just sick and wrong in my eyes.

Not sure this is the justice our founding fathers thought of when they produced the Constitution.
    You said it for me, Manolito. Thank you.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    They should have used a photo of his brother after he was shot and run over.

That would seem to depict the "glamour" of what being a murdering terrorist entails more accurately than what the Rolling Stone published.
    sebring and detective like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Often doing the right things comes with consequences and I am pretty sure the officer that released the picture knew that there was going to be consequences but did it anyway. That is what we call a GOOD person.
    detective and blitzburgh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    The problem with the photo the officer released is that it will have no impact on the perception of Tsarnaev. If anything it makes him look more manly and rugged (blood and all...) and "hotter" to all those intellectually stunted morons who admire this animal.
    Not arguing with your statement, it's true. Just appalled: how could a mass murderer and maim-er be "HOT" to anyone!? Why not "hero-worship" the Swat Teams that took him?

Maybe they could do one of Hitler with a suntan and bleached hair: "The Other Side of Adolf" - (Well, not too far from the truth in the Germany of the early 30's - minus the suntan and blonde hair.)

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post

Really? No self-respecting police *sharpshooter* that I've met would use a laser sight. A laser rangefinder, maybe. But those aren't visible lasers.

Outside of that it looks like he was lucky they found him. He looks like he was on the verge of death.
    Think he was, bleeding out from wounds.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Often doing the right things comes with consequences and I am pretty sure the officer that released the picture knew that there was going to be consequences but did it anyway. That is what we call a GOOD person.
    So true - also called "Guts": sticking to convictions while knowing you'll get hurt. Just like all our leaders in Washington. ..... (vomit...)

Senior Moderator
    I think that the impact of the Rolling Stone cover photo should be: This monster looks like a normal slacker kid

I think it should prompt us to look closer at peoples motives and not just their appearance.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links