I heard the buck snort

This is a discussion on I heard the buck snort within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yeah it's a bit early to get excited about deer season. After a number of years of missing an annual pilgrimage to Wyoming for the ...

Thread: I heard the buck snort

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar

I heard the buck snort

Yeah it's a bit early to get excited about deer season. After a number of years of missing an annual pilgrimage to Wyoming for the mule deer, I'm going out this year. The post by Jeanlouise on the Nebeaska car auction got me thinking on it. Having my coffee, I heard the buck snort.

We set camp on the western slope in southern Wyoming. My lovable ol Uncle Bob has been hunting that region since the early 60's....or maybe earlier. Camp is at about 8500 feet elevation and we hunt to the top, around 11,000. Badgers, mountain lion, elk and an occasional black bear. The game warden is usually an ok Joe who will come into camp, have a beer, shoot the breeze and shove off. I've never had him check me, I think he does it via radar or something.

The area has more elk than deer so it's necessary to put an elk lock on the trigger finger. They're amazing to watch moving through the timber in whisper mode. But mule deer is the objective so I get to see more elk.

Dark timber, sink holes, rock slides, eagles, fallen mining cabins and the quakies in gold leaf....... Yep, I've heard the buck.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

2. Remove Ads

Gear up..........and............sweet dreams......go get'em.

Doing some prep on my hunting property already. Need to get he bow out SOON.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Links