Kesselring Gun Shop To Lose FFL OCT 1st 2013

This is a discussion on Kesselring Gun Shop To Lose FFL OCT 1st 2013 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just saw this an hour ago in the local rag that passes for a newspaper here in Skagit County. Apparently Don Kesselring made a ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 2 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: Kesselring Gun Shop To Lose FFL OCT 1st 2013

Thumbs down Kesselring Gun Shop To Lose FFL OCT 1st 2013

I just saw this an hour ago in the local rag that passes for a newspaper here in Skagit County. Apparently Don Kesselring made a deal with ATF to surrender his FFL Oct 1st. No other details known.

K-Rings been in business for 65 years.
    PEF likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

2. Remove Ads

Thumbs down

I have to wonder if the reason for losing their FFL had anything to do with their losing 1 or 2 long guns out of the used long gun racks. Just recently they'd begun looping a cable though the trigger guards of their used rifles and shotguns. This was due to the recent theft of someone just walking in the store and leaving with used guns. I spose we'll never know.
    PEF likes this.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

A Local LGS closed 2 years back... Owner passed on & his wife messed up a whole bunch of paperwork. That was the end result... Loss of FFL to avoid issues.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

That's just not the case here.
    PEF likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    I have to wonder if the reason for losing their FFL had anything to do with their losing 1 or 2 long guns out of the used long gun racks. Just recently they'd begun looping a cable though the trigger guards of their used rifles and shotguns. This was due to the recent theft of someone just walking in the store and leaving with used guns. I spose we'll never know.
    I have never seen a store loose the FFL for a theft. In pretty much every case where the ATF allows a person to surrender their license, that I can remember, it is due to some paperwork issues. It is not because the people aren't trying to do it correctly, it is just because they are human and make mistakes.

Distinguished Member
    There's a LGS/range in Nashville that operates as usual except for selling firearms after losing their FFL for "willful violation". The charge stems from violations found in inspections spaced over several years. If there are violations over several inspections, then, by the ATF, they must be, "willful". IOW, if one isn't perfect in 2002, 2006, AND 2008, they must be willfully imperfect. The store's attorney, Richard Gardiner, said at the time:
    [T]hose numerous violations are the result of “far more detailed” inspections by the ATF following its move under the Homeland Security Act of 2002 from the U.S. Department of Treasury to the U.S. Department of Justice.

“They got 10 times as many inspectors as they had before, and the number of licensees has also been going down,” Gardiner said. “So the consequence was that there was a tremendous number of inspectors. … There are 600 inspectors in the United States, and they’ve got to keep them all busy.”

Even though the records may still be used for their intended purposes, the bureau has progressed to the point where “the perfection of the records is an end in itself,” Gardiner said.

“Everybody makes mistakes. If you look hard enough at anybody’s records you’re going to find mistakes.”
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Ain't it too bad the ATF can't hold up their end as they expect FFL holders to do. Such as in 'Fast and Furious'.
    357and40 and PEF like this.

My understanding is that Kesselring failed their last two BATFE audits. Badly.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveInEdmonds View Post
    My understanding is that Kesselring failed their last two BATFE audits. Badly.
    What is an ATF Audit?

Is that anything like an IRS audit?
    PEF likes this.

Links