Epic bicycle ride

This is a discussion on Epic bicycle ride within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I've been hitting the roads pretty hard trying to shed my winter fat suit. I was wanting to ride today but I had other things ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By atctimmy
  • 1 Post By sixgun
  • 1 Post By Manderinobyebye

Thread: Epic bicycle ride

VIP Member

Epic bicycle ride

I've been hitting the roads pretty hard trying to shed my winter fat suit. I was wanting to ride today but I had other things to do in the AM before the rain.

This afternoon I ventured out into a light but steady rain for my ride. About 10 minutes in the sky opened up and it went from light rain to heavy rain. Not a thunderstorm, no lightning, no fear of death from above, but a steady, heavy rain.

At first it kinda sucked but then after pushing on I started to feel hardcore. I lifted my cadence and spun right on through. It was even kind of fun after a while.

It slowed back to a drizzle with about a mile left of my ride. Thank you Mr. Murphy. : )

Two funny notes

1) You should have seen each and every driver rubber necking at me like I was insane to be out in it.

2) My shoes were so wet that i had to put them on my boot dryer. They were each about a pound heavier than normal and absolutely soaked.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

2. Remove Ads

AWESOME Timmy. Ive rode in the rain before and was fun as heck. But the best ride ever for me was when me my son and nephew were on a mountain bike trail and was getting late. And we just had to ride one more loop. It was getting dark fast. And by the time we got to the end it was so dark in the woods we had to feel our way out. Now that was some fun. Some might think we are nuts but we know what fun is.
    atctimmy likes this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I enjoy bike riding.I've been soaked a few times,myself.When it gets so humid,there are a couple of us,that rides at night,if we can.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandpgrl View Post
    I enjoy bike riding.I've been soaked a few times,myself.When it gets so humid,there are a couple of us,that rides at night,if we can.
    I've gotten wet before too but not like this. Just about my whole ride was in a downpour. I had to keep dodging all of the cats and dogs.

I've ridden my mountain bike in the dark but not my road bike.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Road riding in that kind of rain is pretty epic. I worry about losing all steering and brakes.

Night riding- my last mtn bike ride last fall ended in the dark (7:30pm). Headlamps and snowing! It was beautiful.

Links