The Most Useless Household Appliance Is....

This is a discussion on The Most Useless Household Appliance Is.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My vote is for the dishwasher. The wife just had to have an entirely new kitchen installed earlier this year, so we dumped about $9000 ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: The Most Useless Household Appliance Is....

The Most Useless Household Appliance Is....

My vote is for the dishwasher. The wife just had to have an entirely new kitchen installed earlier this year, so we dumped about $9000 total into having a wall moved, new flooring, all new appliances, new lighting, etc. Ever since, I've noticed that these new appliances (all GE) don't work worth a damn compared to the older ones they replaced. The worst offender is the so-called dishwasher. Unless you almost completely clean an item at the sink before putting it in the so-called dishwasher, it comes out with at least part of the stuff still on it.

So I called the crook who sold her on all this stuff. Says I have to "prewash" the dishes. Huh? Yep, seems we are to rinse the dishes at the sink and get almost everything off of them and then let the machine do the rest. So I asked why we wouldn't just finish the job at the sink and be done with it? Because, he said, "no one does that anymore." Huh?

In the name of progress, we have to clean our dishes 90% and then put them in the machine to let it do the remaining 10%. Brilliant! Don't even get me started on the worthless washing machine. Remember the good old days when washing machines had agitators and actually did something? I sure do. All this damn thing does is slap water back and forth. It couldn't clean the dish towel I use to dry the dishes I wash at the sink instead of putting them into the so-called dishwasher. Worthless.

So what say you? The most useless household appliance/product is ?????
    BugDude likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Its the new govt mandated soaps. They are not nearly as effective as the old phosphate stuff.

My wife.
    Badey, iguanadon and RightyLefty like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    My wife.
    +1.

I can say this without fear because Mrs. Timmy is out of town.
    NONAME762, JoJoGunn and kapnketel like this.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

According to my wife.....ME.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    +1.

I can say this without fear because Mrs. Timmy is out of town.
    This Internet thingy is spreading. I hear they have it in lots of places these days.....
    Secret Spuk likes this.

VIP Member
    My wife.
    I was going to say Blender ...........Now i have to rethink this. Thanks Secret
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

My wife.
    When my wife saw me posting this, she said it wouldn't get to 5 replies before someone said "My Wife."

She wins!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    This Internet thingy is spreading. I hear they have it in lots of places these days.....
    It appears I'm wrong about that whole wife thing. I just burned my wally mart pizza and set off the smoke detector. Mmmmm burnt pizza for dinner : (
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

GE is pretty awful nowadays, as are most home appliance makers. If you got the funds, look for something professional and used.

The dish machines they use in restaurants, you could put an entire 4 course meal in there and have sparkling, clean, dry plates in about 45 seconds to a minute. It always shocks me how long home dishwashers take to clean/dry compared to industrial ones.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    My wife and I differ on the most useless appliance. She says it's me... I say the the most useless appliance is..never mind, she just walked up.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

I was gonna say blender too but it is me and or well me

I suppose they have to be water-efficient to keep the hippienazis happy. Seriously, how did we let these people take over the country? They're dumb, weak, and worthless - AND THEY'VE CONQUERED US. Not our finest hour.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    plus one on the industrial stuff, i worked in a restaurant for seven years and the Hobart machines will wash away burnt cheese. those new water/energy saving machines and green soaps are worthless. how is it green if i need to use twice as much?

my restaurant tried the thin/green/cheap garbage bags and we ended up having to use two at once, my technical school bought the green solvent and we used twice as much to clean the same stuff.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It appears I'm wrong about that whole wife thing. I just burned my wally mart pizza and set off the smoke detector. Mmmmm burnt pizza for dinner : (
    I set off the smoke detector once. Disconnected it and been fine ever since. For the single man...The Nuker and the counter top Convection Oven.

HUA
    maxwell97 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links