Today I wear red in honor of Zimmerman

This is a discussion on Today I wear red in honor of Zimmerman within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; George Zimmerman could have been me 8 years ago. Today I wear a red shirt, sport similar facial hair and conceal carry in his honor. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By onacoma
  • 1 Post By IndianaSig
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Today I wear red in honor of Zimmerman

Lightbulb Today I wear red in honor of Zimmerman

George Zimmerman could have been me 8 years ago. Today I wear a red shirt, sport similar facial hair and conceal carry in his honor. You might ask, "How can you associate yourself with someone who at best made a stupid decision to confront a potential criminal and at worst committed manslaughter or the likes thereof?" To that I would say, why does President Barack Obama associate himself with Trayvon by saying "Trayvon Martin could have been me 35 years ago"? He is associating himself with someone who at best was a racist against whites (Trayvon called Zimmerman a "cracka") and at worst an attempted murderer? Why does he associate himself with this person who he doesn't even know? Why is he trying to divide the people over race? This is my protest.

If protestors in favor of Trayvon can wear hoodies, then I can wear a red shirt!....Stand with Zimmerman!!!!

Justice for Zimmerman!

I encourage everyone some time in the next week to wear a red shirt or the like as a protest to Obama's rhetoric.....

2. Remove Ads

Why red ??
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Stay out of the Crypts area! Our "Justice for Travyon" at the City Hall here in Mexifornia double in size yesterday for about an hour! Instead of 1 guy at the table there were two!

Your tag line needs to change from Justice for Zimmerman as he received Justice! Maybe go with "Stop the Persecution of Zimmerman!"

Question: Didn't Zimmerman have a hoodie on or was it just a sweatshirt or jacket?
    msgt/ret likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

The red jacket the night of the encounter I would imagine.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    Why red ??

George-Zimmerman.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Your tag line needs to change from Justice for Zimmerman as he received Justice! Maybe go with "Stop the Persecution of Zimmerman!"
    Not 'til he gets his gun back!!

Quote Originally Posted by onacoma View Post
    Question: Didn't Zimmerman have a hoodie on or was it just a sweatshirt or jacket?
    george-zimmerman-closeup.jpg

EDIT: oops...double post...

He looks like he's got a broken nose in the second photograph.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Since I happened to pick a red shirt this morning anyway, I'll join you.
    perfection likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    Since I happened to pick a red shirt this morning anyway, I'll join you.
    Perfect!

VIP Member
    I'm wearing a black T-shirt, jeans, Bowie Tactical ball cap and ambervisions in honor of the invisible man.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I'm wearing a black T-shirt, jeans, Bowie Tactical ball cap and ambervisions in honor of the invisible man.
    lol. Just to clarify. If Obama or anybody else wants to liken themselves to the invisible man, I'm good with that. What I'm not good with is Obama:

a) Likening himself to Trayvon who he knows nothing about -- ONLY because of them having the same skin color
    b) Racially dividing the country by trying to make the Zimmerman case be about race when it has nothing to do with race.

To clarify further, I think Zimmerman was stupid for getting out of his car. And I don't even know for sure what happened that day. Only Zimmerman knows. However, as a form of protest of Obama pretending to know everything about Trayvon, I have chosen to identify myself with Zimmerman. Why? Because if Obama can identify himself to someone who he knows nothing about then I can identify myself with someone I know nothing about. The president is trying to cause racial division by identifying himself with Trayvon merely because they both have the same color of skin.

To much emotion based crap going on with this whole thing. I will continue to do what I always do....Support the ones I love...
    Dan060 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I will just do as one said,support the ones i love.

Links