NSA.. you're worried about them?...

This is a discussion on NSA.. you're worried about them?... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If this story is to be believed... Stop worrying, they can't even search their own email.... With 30,000 employees, they can't sift emails of their ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By BaldSasq
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By Caertaker
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: NSA.. you're worried about them?...

NSA.. you're worried about them?...

If this story is to be believed... Stop worrying, they can't even search their own email....

With 30,000 employees, they can't sift emails of their own... Yet we're supposed to believe they can sift credible threats from googillions of bytes of data in the ether?

Hmmmm.

Story: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...-its-own-email

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

If you don't realize that this is a stall tactic, by the NSA, then you are smoking some good stuff.
    EdJean and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldSasq View Post
    If you don't realize that this is a stall tactic, by the NSA, then you are smoking some good stuff.
    Gave up smokin' ANY stuff many many moons now...

I snort white powder all day... But then, I work as a lab tech in a corn starch factory.. So, I don't think I'm impaired... But then, maybe it's just a HIGH tolerance level?

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    "A few days after filing the request, Blacker called, asking me to narrow my request since the FOIA office can search emails only 'person by person,' rather than in bulk. The NSA has more than 30,000 employees."
    There is the problem; they need at least 100,000 more feeding off the taxpayers.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    Who really knows for sure,what they can do,except the one's who work for them.Personally,anything,i don't want someone to know about,i don't put it out,whether by phone,internet,anything electronic.What i do put on here,they see it,they see it.Nothing i can do about it,since,i probably won't know anyway.

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    No, I am not worried. When the current administration reaches the goal of a total economic collapse, the NSA will not be a problem = no electric = no NSA collection. The Govt, run by people who hail from cities often forget just how much land mass there is in the lower 48 (let alone Alaska). As for Hi, my Bros on the islands are very self sufficient and are on their own. They can survive on Bread Fruit!

But for me, then it will be just a just Jeremiah Johnson state of mind survival. Come and take it, if you can.

Afraid or not, I thinks its discouraging that the house refused to back limitations on the NSA. Just another ***** in the wall of our constitutional armour, which is starting to look more like a chain link fence than a wall to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If this story is to be believed... Stop worrying, they can't even search their own email.... Yet we're supposed to believe they can sift credible threats from googillions of bytes of data in the ether?
    Hard to believe it's impossible, with a T-tap on 100% of the data feed off the entire telecommunications and internet system (on U.S> shores) being captured (AT&T facil., known since ~2005). I mean, why do it if the "take" isn't capable of being mined at all? Answer: you wouldn't do it, if it weren't possible to benefit from it; meaning, if you are doing it because it is possible, then it's highly likely the "take" is indeed being scrubbed in ways they're claiming "can't" be done.

Things that make you go "Hmmmm..."
    Last edited by ccw9mm; July 26th, 2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: clarification
    blitzburgh likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Today, ProPublica reports that when it comes to parsing email sent by its own employees, the United States' spy agency does not have the technology for it.

At least that's what the investigative outfit said the NSA told them in response to a Freedom of Information Act request.
    The part I put in bold speaks volumes to me. What better way to try and "shake some heat off" than claim you're incapable of doing something that many would assume (and even know) is significantly easier than what you're really capable of, and are indeed doing.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    If they really want to get you they will manufacture the evidence to do it, just like the gun running thing "Fast and Furious"
    It should have been no suprize to anyone about all this spying, The Snowden thing is just a conformation.

I have a friend who is a Federal Agent. Whenever topics like this come up he chuckles and says you have no idea how messed up the Federal Government is. After the NSA news broke, he looked me in the eye and said no one is watching you. What he seems to fail to understand that it is the ability to violate my Constitutional rights that concerns me. In the era of Big Data it is only a matter of time before some lackey abuses the power placed at their fingertips. Oh wait, I guess that just happened.

On a related note, how would you feel about the government selling what they know about you to private companies? Doubt it would happen? Who would deny they are continually searching for new revenue streams to offset record deficits? If you think I’m going off the deep end, private companies are already monetizing the information they have about you.

From a March IBD article:
    “There is a quantum shift under way in the use of Big Data,” Laney said. Big Data is becoming its own form of currency, traded among partners and increasing the value of that asset, he says.
    “I receive calls from companies that are considering ways to syndicate their data, making it available to partners to monetize it,” he said.

Big Data Gets Big Push For Businesses' Success EMC VMW IBM - Investors.com
    ccw9mm likes this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm more worried by the attitude of the current government in general than of the NSA. Slowly edging toward a nanny state where we're only allowed what the gov't allows.
    ccw9mm and pignut like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links