USCCA shuts down forum

USCCA shuts down forum

This is a discussion on USCCA shuts down forum within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope this is in the right forum. Mods, feel free to move it if there is a better spot. Today, Tim Schmidt at the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: USCCA shuts down forum

USCCA shuts down forum

I hope this is in the right forum. Mods, feel free to move it if there is a better spot.

Today, Tim Schmidt at the USCCA shut down his members only forum. The reason is so that he can 'concentrate on the magazine' and other more lucrative issues. The underlying message may be that the forum had become a place for many members to voice their concerns about the direction his program was taking, among other things.

It is, of course, Tim's decision to make, but it leaves a good number of shooters and enthusiasts there with no place to call home. Many will likely come here. In my own farewell post there, I invited them to join us here, as well as some other forums of which I am a member.

At very least, if gives this forum the chance to serve a whole new crowd!
    Brademan
    Special Projects manager - ACLDN

American Militia - charter member, NRA Life/Benefactor member
    LEAA Field Rep, Aikidoka, motorcyclist, plain speaker, straight shooter
    My other nickname is "3-Knife"

Tim Schmidt? USCCA? Never heard of either. Maybe they'll join here.
    Brademan and Sister like this.

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I was a member for a year,but,i felt like it was a waste of my money
    EdC, anglertoo, Oldpsufan and 1 others like this.

Seems like a fitting group.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    What direction was his program taking that was of concern?
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    When Animal Planet aired the program "Whale Wars", I was STOKED! I've always thought that whaling was unnecessary, cruel, and being a diver and a naturalist I couldn't understand why anyone would kill a whale. I was excited to see some people out there actually doing something about it rather than just condemning it from their easy chairs.

After the first episode it was clear to me that this band of worthless hippies and their irresponsible, bush league "captain" were as much a danger to themselves as to others, and after only the second episode I found myself rooting for the whalers against these ignorant and worthless strokes. Truly they are amateur eco terrorists who should be sunk with extreme prejudice. I was incensed that they did not have a single journeyman seaman among them, and they flailed and failed so completely at everything they tried it was a train wreck. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the mentally deficient and egomaniac "captain" took their unrated vessel directly into an ice field, ON PURPOSE!!! It's blind luck he didn't kill his crew and the camera crew to a man. He even stood at the wheel and said, and I quote, "Any idiot can take a rated vessel into the ice, the real test of a captain is to take an unrated vessel". That simply blew my mind out my ears, and I had to scream about it somewhere...

In about two clicks I found the forum where the cast members interacted with the viewing public, and about a hundred angry captains and mariners tearing into them like piranhas. It was quite a hoot while it lasted. Honestly one of the most entertaining times I've had on the internet. When their millionaire, idiot friend in his carbon fiber, racing boat tried to ram the bow of a 800 ton whaling vessel, and we all started analyzing the footage of how it was entirely the fault of the eco terrorists, Animal Planet pulled the plug. It was like a courtroom drama unfolding for a few days before they yanked it. You had about three dozen captains with hundreds of years of experience between them pointing out exactly what happened in the film from a dozen different angles, and Paul Watson looking like a total imbecile, and they couldn't take it anymore. He threw a fit and AP turned the lights off.

I guess the moral is that you cannot have an open public forum and expect everyone it to drink the Kool-aid and tow the line when what you're doing is even controversial, much less dangerous, illegal, and immoral like the Sea Shepherds.

Man, it was fun while it lasted though!
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

I saw a piece of that program and along with Jaeger was rooting for the whalers too. Normally I'm against whaling a species like the magnificent Humpback into extinction.

That eco warrior skipper had a high tech carbon fiber boat but after the run in with the whalers his fancy vessel was barely afloat and up ship creek. I trust the eco warriors about as far as the current administration.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

You can only prey on gullible newbs (I can say it. I was one of them.) for so long. Folks get tired of the constant SPAM coming out of his servers. I can only imagine what the forum has become.
    EdC likes this.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    You can only prey on gullible newbs (I can say it. I was one of them.) for so long. Folks get tired of the constant SPAM coming out of his servers. I can only imagine what the forum has become.
    I can't help but agree with you. His spam almost had me scared enough to join, but I successfully avoided the temptation.
    WINTEJER000 likes this.

During my brief stay at USCCA, I thought the forum was the best part of membership, other than Kathy Jackson's magazine articles.
    Minus the forum, the value of membership is significantly diminished.
    10thmtn and ccw9mm like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    I've always loved DC as a place for all gun owners to enjoy for free.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    When Animal Planet aired the program "Whale Wars", I was STOKED! I've always thought that whaling was unnecessary, cruel, and being a diver and a naturalist I couldn't understand why anyone would kill a whale. I was excited to see some people out there actually doing something about it rather than just condemning it from their easy chairs.

After the first episode it was clear to me that this band of worthless hippies and their irresponsible, bush league "captain" were as much a danger to themselves as to others, and after only the second episode I found myself rooting for the whalers against these ignorant and worthless strokes. Truly they are amateur eco terrorists who should be sunk with extreme prejudice. I was incensed that they did not have a single journeyman seaman among them, and they flailed and failed so completely at everything they tried it was a train wreck. The straw that broke the camel's back was when the mentally deficient and egomaniac "captain" took their unrated vessel directly into an ice field, ON PURPOSE!!! It's blind luck he didn't kill his crew and the camera crew to a man. He even stood at the wheel and said, and I quote, "Any idiot can take a rated vessel into the ice, the real test of a captain is to take an unrated vessel". That simply blew my mind out my ears, and I had to scream about it somewhere...

In about two clicks I found the forum where the cast members interacted with the viewing public, and about a hundred angry captains and mariners tearing into them like piranhas. It was quite a hoot while it lasted. Honestly one of the most entertaining times I've had on the internet. When their millionaire, idiot friend in his carbon fiber, racing boat tried to ram the bow of a 800 ton whaling vessel, and we all started analyzing the footage of how it was entirely the fault of the eco terrorists, Animal Planet pulled the plug. It was like a courtroom drama unfolding for a few days before they yanked it. You had about three dozen captains with hundreds of years of experience between them pointing out exactly what happened in the film from a dozen different angles, and Paul Watson looking like a total imbecile, and they couldn't take it anymore. He threw a fit and AP turned the lights off.

I guess the moral is that you cannot have an open public forum and expect everyone it to drink the Kool-aid and tow the line when what you're doing is even controversial, much less dangerous, illegal, and immoral like the Sea Shepherds.

Man, it was fun while it lasted though!
    You just described every reality show on TV, and that's exactly what that show was about..... Making money on the stupidity of today's TV viewers. You can hardly change a channel without running into this sort of stuff.

Back to the OP's post, I too almost got drawn into his money making venture because he seemed so sincere and caring about CC people. As with anyone who constantly bombards your email box with offers, you have to ask yourself why.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isnt an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    You just described every reality show on TV, and that's exactly what that show was about..... Making money on the stupidity of today's TV viewers. You can hardly change a channel without running into this sort of stuff.
    I don't know. I sure do like Gaterboys.

I almost joined USCCA, but did a little research and after I learned about all the spam, I decided against it.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post

Back to the OP's post, I too almost got drawn into his money making venture because he seemed so sincere and caring about CC people. As with anyone who constantly bombards your email box with offers, you have to ask yourself why.
    Indeed. Anyone need proof of the intentional dumbing-down of America? You need do nothing more than suffer through a weekday afternoon of network television......

If you ever had any question about USCCA, just go view some of Tim's pistol reviews on Youtube. He goes by "Tactical Tim".
    Some of the worst gun reviews I have seen on Youtube and some are pretty laughable at best.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links