Self defense with a firearm....

This is a discussion on Self defense with a firearm.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Food for thought in this article.... "What happens when you have to use that investment?" Article: http://m.jsonline.com/more/editorial...216834161.html Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: Self defense with a firearm....

Food for thought in this article....

"What happens when you have to use that investment?"

Article: http://m.jsonline.com/more/editorial...216834161.html

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    goldshellback likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Well in some states it is that way I guess. In others a plain Home SD shooting doesnt result in you being cuffs or in the back seat of a cruiser. Its a good shoot then it is and some states LE have the common sense to know if your home is broken into you had the right to use lethal force period end of story. Call the coroner and have a nice day sir. Which is how it should be.

No arrest no civil as prohibited by law in castle states. My own state made the determination for me that anyone breaking into my home or forcing entry or even attempting to is to be considered a lethal threat and dealt with accordingly. Be they armed or unarmed their mere presence uninvited into my home is considered a lethal threat regardless.
    Their definition. I merely will follow it.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Good advice in that article. In advance, equip yourself predicting that a gaggle of soccer moms will be seeing your equipment before deciding the course of the rest of your life, and "zombie" should not be in any product description. Keep a lawyer's number handy. In the aftermath, do whatever the police say to do, immediately. Do not argue. Except for identifying yourself, keep your mouth shut until your lawyer gets there, unless the situation is unresolved (a bad guy got away and ran into the neighbor's yard, etc). If you have to talk, say "I was in fear for my life."

The sad facts are, anyone who shoots in self-defense is a potential target in criminal proceedings thanks to the political situation, and an almost certain target in civil proceedings thanks to our broken system. Some states may be better than others, but a motivated DA could find a charge to pin on a ham sandwich if he wanted to.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Agree. Sad but true

Links