The Nonsense of "Environmental Whackos" Now Reported as Fact Without Question

The Nonsense of "Environmental Whackos" Now Reported as Fact Without Question

This is a discussion on The Nonsense of "Environmental Whackos" Now Reported as Fact Without Question within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Scientists warn on Arctic ?economic time bomb? There's one problem with the nonsense in this and countless stories.....one inconvenient truth: There's absolutely no credible, statistically ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 74
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: The Nonsense of "Environmental Whackos" Now Reported as Fact Without Question

  1. #1
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733

    The Nonsense of "Environmental Whackos" Now Reported as Fact Without Question

    Scientists warn on Arctic ?economic time bomb?

    There's one problem with the nonsense in this and countless stories.....one inconvenient truth: There's absolutely no credible, statistically significant evidence that ANY of it is actually happening.

    In this case, the story presents that the supposed melting of the Arctic is fact, a given, and that the only thing to report now is what will be the consequences and how to deal with the "disaster." Absolute nonsense. There is no evidence whatsover, none, to suggest the Arctic has changed at all in the past 100 years. The real climate scientists, the only true experts in this field, have lined up in a single chorus to SCREAM that this stuff is hopelessly politically biased and untrue. Have you heard from any of them? The answer is no....and you won't. The MSM media make a huge profit from this climate change nonsense and they'll be damned if anyone is going to mess it up with something as insignificant and unprofitable as the truth.

    There is no single thing in the past 50 years that has destroyed the U.S. economy, and that of the world, more than this "global warming" or "climate change" nonsense. Political hacks, introduced as "scientists", are given credibility for which they have no educational or subject matter expertise. It's pounded into our kid's heads from birth, they preach it to them in schools these days, and they grow into adults who 100% believe this stuff is real. Those kids are now adults and are making profound changes to our way of life to "fix" something that isn't broken. Until we rescue our kids from this crap, and grow a new generation who understand the balance between the environment and the needs of man, we have no hope.


  2. #2
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,194
    Can't argue with one thing you've said. It's all about the money and political gain using a feel good subject to make big money, a la AlGore and support big campaign contributors.

    What really infuriates me is that Liberals have co-opted environmentalism, as if NO Conservatives care about the environment. That's absolute baloney. I care every bit as much as most of them and I bet my carbon footprint is tiny in comparison. I just don't buy into the fossil fuel nonsense and hypocrisy that the administration tries to shove down our throats.

    Interestingly, George Bush lives in one of the most environmentally sound houses in the country. Most of it is powered by solar and wind. I wonder why the media hasn't featured it in their reports on sound environmental construction?
    Betty, msgt/ret, manolito and 1 others like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  3. #3
    Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    1,569
    Environmentalism, along with the public education system in this country are two of the primary vehicles that have been used to indoctrinate a couple of generations of Americans into a socialist/communist mindset.

    Only to smartest, or in my case the most stubborn and independent individuals, have managed to avoid this trap.

    I am not sure who originally made the statement (often atttributed to Joesph Goebbels or Adolf Hitler) : "If you say something often enough and loud enough, even if it is not true, most people will eventually accept it as fact."

    That is what is being perpetrated by the environmentalist movement.

    More recently this strategy is being used by another socialist hijacked organization. The NAACP. They are perpetrating the myth that racism, primarily white racism, is the cause of most of the problems in the minority community they supposedly represent and defend.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

  4. #4
    Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    1,620
    The global climate is absolutely changing, of this there is no doubt. However, using a 100 year scale is a bit like measuring a marathon in millimeters.

    My area has fossil evidence of marine invertebrates. This suggest a warm climate with raised sea levels. We also have evidence of glacial activity, which suggests a very cold climate. How can both of these climates be in the same geological region? GLOBAL CLIMATE CHANGE. Thank goodness for global warming, or I'd be under a few thousand feet of ice!
    atctimmy likes this.

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    One of the problems is that people willfully disbelieve the facts even when they are shown them. They will go out and find any little shred of data that might be on the other side of the issue and say that it disproves the mountains of data supporting the

    Scientists Find Clearest Evidence Yet Of Monumental Polar Ice Melt | Popular Science

    It is a very good article about the PROOF the ice caps are melting.

    That the earth is warming is a FACT, the amount of that warming, if any, that is caused by humans is the only thing in doubt.

  6. #6
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    One of the problems is that people willfully disbelieve the facts even when they are shown them. They will go out and find any little shred of data that might be on the other side of the issue and say that it disproves the mountains of data supporting the

    Scientists Find Clearest Evidence Yet Of Monumental Polar Ice Melt | Popular Science

    It is a very good article about the PROOF the ice caps are melting.

    That the earth is warming is a FACT, the amount of that warming, if any, that is caused by humans is the only thing in doubt.
    I'm guessing you to be about age 30 and a product of the present-day educational system...... That's the only FACT apparent here.

  7. #7
    Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    1,709
    Remember when a new ice age was the dire prediction?
    PaulRevered likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

    There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

    Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    I'm guessing you to be about age 30 and a product of the present-day educational system...... That's the only FACT apparent here.
    47 on the 4th of Aug. I have looked at the data and the earth is warming, that is a FACT. The earth has warmed, the earth has cooled, the only thing we can say for sure is the earth's climate never stays the same.
    phreddy and Sig 210 like this.

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Remember when a new ice age was the dire prediction?
    And and one time people believed in spontaneous generation and that vapors caused illness. We do learn new things.
    Sig 210 likes this.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    I'm guessing you to be about age 30 and a product of the present-day educational system...... That's the only FACT apparent here.
    Did you even take the time to read the article?

  11. #11
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,101
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    One of the problems is that people willfully disbelieve the facts even when they are shown them. They will go out and find any little shred of data that might be on the other side of the issue and say that it disproves the mountains of data supporting the

    Scientists Find Clearest Evidence Yet Of Monumental Polar Ice Melt | Popular Science

    It is a very good article about the PROOF the ice caps are melting.

    That the earth is warming is a FACT, the amount of that warming, if any, that is caused by humans is the only thing in doubt.
    I hate agreeing with OutWestSystems as much as I hate agreeing with James Yeager, but sometimes both make good points you just can't argue with. I do believe there is pretty clear evidence that the earth is getting warmer, but is it in any way because of man or is it just a natural cyclical kinda process the earth goes through? There is no real evidence to show us that and any "evidence" (from either side of the debate) has to be taken with a grain of salt because the issue is so politicized at this point.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

  12. #12
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    47 on the 4th of Aug. I have looked at the data and the earth is warming, that is a FACT. The earth has warmed, the earth has cooled, the only thing we can say for sure is the earth's climate never stays the same.
    The only FACT is that any change in the Earth's temperature over the past 100 years is absolutely statistically insignificant and has caused no change in the profile of the Earth's features whatsoever. It is all political theater for ego, power and control. The Arctic is statistically the same as it was 100 years ago. No change. Political fantasy....that's all.

    As for the Earth warming and cooling, it does indeed do so but in a cycle that is measured in 100,000 of years. The changes in a mere 100 years, any 100 years, is statistically insignificant. According to CREDIBLE climate scientists, the Earth is about at the end of the current warming cycle and the next cooling cycle will begin in about 6,000 years. However, it will not affect man at all, not even in the areas closest to the polls, for another 30K years or so. It will be about 80K years until the Northern-most parts of the Continental U.S. is affected. This warming and cooling cycle has happened untold times over the period the Earth has existed. It will continue to do so, unaffected by Barack Hussein, liberals, and environmental whackos.......
    Jake228, Jeanlouise and msgt/ret like this.

  13. #13
    Ex Member Array IndianaSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    733
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Did you even take the time to read the article?
    You're not going to gain much credibility with the educated by quoting anything from Popular Liberal Science......

  14. #14
    VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    You're not going to gain much credibility with the educated by quoting anything from Popular Liberal Science......
    Well it does explain your views. You ignore anything that doesn't agree with your statements, and just dismiss them as either liberal or political. It is easy to believe what ever you want when you refuse to allow new data into your thought process. Now what would prove your view is if you read this new information and show how it is wrong. But I am doubting that is going to happen, because the data is very clear and can not really be disputed. So the only option you are left with is to ignore it, and it is a free country, and that is one of your options.

  15. #15
    VIP Member Array Brad426's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,101
    I have found life to be so much simpler when I don't have to weigh any sort of info that doesn't dovetail into my existing beliefs... it's really almost my mantra.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •