According to CCN, the Fantastic Four is the longest running comic in history. What a bunch of idiots.

This is a discussion on According to CCN, the Fantastic Four is the longest running comic in history. What a bunch of idiots. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I was flipping channels the other day when I saw a segment about Michael Chiklis of the SHIELD. I stopped, and watched for a minute. ...

Thread: According to CCN, the Fantastic Four is the longest running comic in history. What a bunch of idiots.

According to CCN, the Fantastic Four is the longest running comic in history. What a bunch of idiots.

I was flipping channels the other day when I saw a segment about Michael Chiklis of the SHIELD. I stopped, and watched for a minute. The anchor then started talking about Chiklis playing B4en Grimm The Thing the Fantastic Four movie, and said that "the FF is the longest running comic book in history". :question:

I guess they forgot about a little book called ACTION COMICS starring a guy you might have heard of, Superman. Or a small little rag called DETECTIVE COMICS featuring Batman. Both of which were as old as I am now when FF started. And I suppose they've never heard of Superman and Batmans own self titled books which started shortly after AC and DC. And then there are comic badasses The Flash, Green Lantern, and Wonder Woman who all had comics at least 19 years before the FF were a thought.

Some of you may have noticed by my avatar that I am a comic book nerd. And as such, I take great offense when ignorant retards make stupid statements, that could have easily been fact checked and disproved.

Just thought I would set the record straight. Rant over, carry on.

2. Remove Ads

They were kissing his butt.

I loved Action comics!!! and "GI Combat" as a kid...and adult...;)

Personally I'm a Sgt. Rock fan.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    Even if he meant a comic with the longest running "cast of characters" he would still be wrong.

I think the JLA is older the FF, certainly Batman with Robin pre-date the Marvel group.

Heck, as much as I disliked the little rug-rat, Green Arrow had 'Speedy.'

(Worst ever, Snapper Carr and Pieface.)

I have been colelcting comics for a long time. I have a bunch of stuff from Image comics such as Spawn and Pitt and several other titles. I am also a Superman FREAK. But good ole Frank Castle still gets my nod. Nothing super powered about Frank except for his rage.

Links