Cheap Loud Vulgar man at hotel in Meridian MS

This is a discussion on Cheap Loud Vulgar man at hotel in Meridian MS within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok, I’m trying hard to keep this from being too long (good luck to me). This past weekend took a little trip – stayed at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheap Loud Vulgar man at hotel in Meridian MS

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Cheap Loud Vulgar man at hotel in Meridian MS

Ok, I’m trying hard to keep this from being too long (good luck to me).
    This past weekend took a little trip – stayed at a Super 8 Motel in Meridian MS.
    Sunday morning getting some of their continental B’fast I witnessed what appeared to be a cheap, very loud, obnoxious idiot trying to use his handicap (used a cane or pretended to use a cane) as an excuse to try to sneak his family pet along on his trip without paying extra.
    He came in throwing a cussing (freq shouting the F word) fit at the day clerk about them adding $10 to his bill when they found out he had a dog with him. This behavior cleared the place out (except for me).
    Sign at the front desk said “No Pets” which he saw when he got the room and never mentioned to the desk clerk that he had a dog with him.
    His argument was that HIS dog was a handicap service dog and the No Pets policy didn’t count in his case – that they should have had an additional sign that included wording about having a handicap “service animal” in it.
    When asked why he didn’t mention having a service animal to the desk clerk he claimed legally he didn’t have to report that to anyone.
    I felt so sorry for the young desk clerk having to deal with this man.
    If he’d have been calm and civil in discussing this with the clerk I might have had a different opinion of him but this man’s behavior was sooooo stupid I had to think he was embarrassed at having been caught being cheap. I might be wrong but the only service animal (dog) that helps with a handicap that I know if is someone whose vision is impaired.
    Anyways, he got the manager to the office – same behavior – the manager finally gave up reasoning with him and said he’d drop the charge as long as he never came back there again.
    I’m as sympathetic as anyone when it comes to anyone’s disability but being right there seeing and hearing what I saw – I really don’t think that was the case with this guy.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Sounds like someone with pure attitude who makes no efforts to follow the norm regarding civility and has to aggressively attack anything and anyone.

These folks are plain objectionable - and I think we have all encountered them. No amount of attempted reasoning is any good.

If he slipped on a popsicle in the street - he'd probably sue the manufacturer!!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Damm bud , wasnt me ... sounded like it on the cheap , and vulgur , but i dont take house pets when i travel , besides i try hard not to go to MO lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Administrator
    I am always amazed how some people are willing to make total public moronic idiots out of themselves for 5 or 10 dollars.
    They have no personal pride.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Dog

Dog probably had more manners

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I am always amazed how some people are willing to make total public moronic idiots out of themselves for 5 or 10 dollars.
    They have no personal pride.
    be there when they make an error in my bill.

I deal with people like this everyday.

Administrator
    Not defending this man, but there is all kinds of service dogs. Some for deaf people, some for mobiltiy, stress etc. If this dog was a service dog, the handler would have had a card to prove his claim.

Administrator
    Dog is probably trained to run and fetch his beer out of the Fridge for him.

Lead Moderator
    Sort of sounds like another problem with our current PC society. <sigh>
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Well, I can tell you this.
    I have an uncle who is blind and has a Seeing Eye dog. And while they are legally allowed to take the dog everywhere, they do still have to notify the people in hotels, airliners, restaurants and any other place of business that they bring a seeing eye dog.

Also, an easy way to tell if a dg is really a seeing eye dog for a blind person, is the dog will have a harness (not just a leash) and the harness will have a long handle that reached to the owners hip.
    Many times the harness will have a label on the top that reads "Leader Dog".

Also, you may want to put breaks in between your paragraphs. It makes it easier for people like me who have a laptop or a small screen to read.

Thanks for sharing your story though.
    A-holes in this world seem to be more common than fat people at an all you can eat buffet.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

I suspect that the dog was seriously embarrassed...
    John
    Assault is a behavior, not a device.

"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party

Lifetime NRA member

Garland, NC (About 25 miles east of Fayetteville)
    If I worked there I would have handled it this way:

"Sorry sir, I did not realize your dog was a service dog. If you would please provide some proof the dog is in fact a service dog I will gladly remove the charge from your bill. If you do not have any written proof, a simple demonstration by the dog of it's abilities is all that is required. Otherwise I will have to assume the dog is just a pet and the charge will stand."

Don’t give him any room to argue. You have agreed that you will take off the charge and all he has to do is prove his claim. Now all he can do is “put up or shut up”.
    "Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud..."
    -Jeff Cooper, "The Art of the Rifle"

It Upsets Me...

as these 'professional jerks' usually continue their patterns...because they always seem to get their way...
    I knew one who 'bragged' about getting discounts, free this 'n' that, special seats, etc...just because she would put of a fuss...

She worked for me and I eventually saw to her 'firing'...basically, for being a jerk! She had a great job, in a unique environment...

Things have a way of coming around, don't they?

Stay calm...stay safe!

ret
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; November 27th, 2006 at 11:42 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I knew one who 'bragged' about getting discounts, free this 'n' that, special seats, etc...just because she would put of a fuss...
    :
    It's really sad to see grown adults act this way.
    So many Americans dont know how good they have it.
    Primary Carry Gun: Sig Sauer 229~R (.40cal w/ Golden Saber JHP's)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links