Speaking of vandalizing in DC - Our CIC just vandalized the names of our founders

This is a discussion on Speaking of vandalizing in DC - Our CIC just vandalized the names of our founders within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Uh Ho: Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by Founding Fathers By Chris StirewaltPower PlayPublished July 26, 2013FoxNews.com Uh Ho: Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Speaking of vandalizing in DC - Our CIC just vandalized the names of our founders

Speaking of vandalizing in DC - Our CIC just vandalized the names of our founders

Uh Ho: Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by Founding Fathers
    By Chris StirewaltPower PlayPublished July 26, 2013FoxNews.com
    Uh Ho: Obama Says Vietnamese Dictator Inspired by Founding Fathers | Fox News

“...we discussed the fact that Ho Chi Minh was actually inspired by the U.S. Declaration of Independence and Constitution, and the words of Thomas Jefferson.”
    -- President Obama talking to reporters alongside Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang.
    It may come as some unwelcome news to the families of the nearly 60,000 Americans who died in the Vietnam War that the whole thing was just a misunderstanding.
    That was the impression President Obama gave on Thursday when he spoke to the press after his meeting with Vietnamese President Truong Tan Sang. Sang brought Obama a copy of a letter sent to President Harry Truman from Ho Chi Minh in which the communist dictator spoke hopefully of cooperation with the United States.
    Obama, striking a wistful tone, observed that it may have taken 67 years, but the United States and Vietnam were finally enjoying the relationship that Ho once wrote of. After all, Obama said, Ho had been “inspired by the words of Thomas Jefferson.”
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    He should not be allowed to talk when he leaves the country. And I don't think he should be allowed to envoke the thought of our founding fathers since he clearly has no idea what they believed, or even said.

How can you hate the country you are in charge of so much?
    Oldpsufan and NONAME762 like this.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    He should not be allowed to talk

Edited for accuracy. You're welcome.
    sauerpuss and Darrow75 like this.
    All that said....
    It could be worse.

He's a despicable human being- the very picture of all things I don't want my son to aspire to be. Thanks, Pres.
    NRA Life Member

If Obama had a son he would look like Ho Chi Minh.
    Patti, NONAME762 and TN_Mike like this.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    The story said something about moral flexibility. Don't you need morals to have moral flexibility?
    Patti likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    So, do most of you realize that one of the major reasons we fought the war in Vietnam is because the U.S. refused to allow free elections because we were worried the Communists were going to win. We often talk about "freedom and self determination" until it is a group that we don't like is going to win. The same thing happened in Egypt, we wanted free elections until the radicals won those elections.

Either as a people we believe that people are allowed "freedom and self determination" or we decide that we want them to do what we feel is best for us. Which do we really want?

Am I a fan of communism and what it does to countries and freedom? Not at all, but it is not my right to tell those people how these should live their lives.

I will end this with a line from one of my favorite movies. "People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. "

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It's not his first time,and i'm betting it won't be his last,ugh.To steal a name,i saw on here once,i totally despise Ovomit.

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    Obummer,smh.

Distinguished Member
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    So, do most of you realize that one of the major reasons we fought the war in Vietnam is because the U.S. refused to allow free elections because we were worried the Communists were going to win. We often talk about "freedom and self determination" until it is a group that we don't like is going to win. The same thing happened in Egypt, we wanted free elections until the radicals won those elections.

Either as a people we believe that people are allowed "freedom and self determination" or we decide that we want them to do what we feel is best for us. Which do we really want?

Am I a fan of communism and what it does to countries and freedom? Not at all, but it is not my right to tell those people how these should live their lives.

I will end this with a line from one of my favorite movies. "People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. "
    A far more complicated scenario than that, but true there was concern about communist inroads in the south. Deep sociological differences that are difficult for the west to understand. I recommend Fire in the Lake: The Vietnamese and the Americans in Vietnam by Frances Fitzgerald.

Probably a great diplomatic failure was the refusal to work with Ho when he overthrew the French colonialist and reached out to the US. Kind of along the musings of what would of happened had Castro signed with Washington Senators and came to the US to play baseball (a true story he was considered for a MLB spot).
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I wonder, does this tell us more about what he thinks of Ho Chi Minh, or what he thinks about Thomas Jefferson?
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post

The right of self-determination ultimately belongs to the individual, not a community or government, EXCEPT to the degree that a community or government speaks for its citizens and protects their rights. A government that does not is not legitimate and has no moral protection from attack, even if it results from an election (i.e. Nazi Germany).

If our war in Vietnam was immoral, it was because American citizens were tossed into a meat grinder while prohibited from actually winning the war, with little to be gained for the US if it DID win - but not because Vietnam had a "right to be communist."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    If Obama had a son he would look like Ho Chi Minh.
    And after he said that to the press, He turned and bowed to sang.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    I wonder, does this tell us more about what he thinks of Ho Chi Minh, or what he thinks about Thomas Jefferson?
    He can't like Jefferson because Jefferson had slaves (servants).
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links