Dumb Moderator Needs Gift Help

Dumb Moderator Needs Gift Help

This is a discussion on Dumb Moderator Needs Gift Help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Update Added By QKS ~ Thanks For Yer Great Help Folks! ~ Decision & Purchase Made. Thread UnStuck. I really like music but, not to ...

Administrator

Question Dumb Moderator Needs Gift Help

Update Added By QKS ~ Thanks For Yer Great Help Folks! ~ Decision & Purchase Made.
    Thread UnStuck.

I really like music but, not to the degree that I need it piped into my ears all day.

I need to buy an MP3 type player for my one niece.

I need to buy it pretty quick as an early gift as she will going away before the holidays.

I'm not going to have time to go shopping all over creation to save a lousy $20 or so.

I'll probably do an Ebay...Buy It Now and get it done and over with.

I'm not really sure that it needs to have the abilty to store a 1.5 billion songs in it.

What brand & model # ???

What is a fair price?

Any other helpful info appreciated.

I don't want to buy her something junky but, I'm not sure that she needs the latest "State Of The Art" piece of equipment either. She is still fairly young at 17.

I (for sure) don't want to "cheap out" but, I don't want to spend a small fortune either.

Administrator
    Hey did you notice how I just put a "STICKY" on my own thread even though it's not a super important thread?

I did that because I'm a Mod & that's one of the things that we can do...It's one of our forum Super Powers...so I'm taking advantage of it.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Honestly look at the ones Wal-Mart has on their wedsite...I've bought 3 from them for my kids and they all work great. 1GIG of songs on the MP3 for like $60. You can get smaller ones for around $40
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Hey did you notice how I just put a "STICKY" on my own thread even though it's not a super important thread?

I did that because I'm a Mod & that's one of the things that we can do...It's one of our forum Super Powers...so I'm taking advantage of it.
    You're despicable! And you'll hear from the Mod's union in the morning!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

QK, I am still a young man at the age of 23, and still like all those new fangle gadgets. I own an iPod and honestly I could not live without one. Now because I'm sure you dont want to spend the $400 I spent on mine, on your neice, I would suggest going with a smaller (size and hard drive space) mp3 player than mine. Its still an ipod, and girls tend to like small cutsy stuff. Here is a link to my two suggestions. Both would be great gifts, and I would love to get one of them (even though I already have one)

1. iPod shuffle: http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/ ($79)

2. iPod nano: http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/ ($149 - $249)

If you have any questions shoot me a PM.
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at...

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    You're despicable! And you'll hear from the Mod's union in the morning!!
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm a big fan of the USB mp3 players. You can find them on ebay for like 30 bucks. They open up on one end and have a usb plugin connector there. So, instead of having to mess around with a cable you can just plug the player itself straight into the computer. I find it rather convenient.

Doing a search for usb mp3 player on ebay will yield what I'm talking about. Make sure you see a pic of it having a usb connector on it.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    17 years old - she more than likely wants an iPod Nano. I'm not a fan of them myself, but unfortunately we aren't shopping for me. haha

I would suggest find an iPod Nano on www.craigslist.com or www.amazon.com . eBay, while a good source, is not always the cheapest.

Best of luck to you, man! :)
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Assistant Administrator
    Shucks - megalomania hits the CC staff
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Stay away from the shuffle type, kids want to pick their song and not wait hours to hear them. I have a 17 year old and that's all she complains about with her shuffle, so now she wants a Ipod nano.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Administrator

Thumbs up Hey thanks folks

You know that if I was picking her out a handgun ~ I wouldn't have to ask so many questions.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

You know that if I was picking her out a handgun ~ I wouldn't have to ask so many questions.
    But you'd get a lot more "opinions"
    There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11? (Yuri Orlov [Nicolas Cage] Lord of War)

Distinguished Member Array p8riot's Avatar

Heh, heh, heh. I just won a white 2GB iPod Nano in a raffle at work. I like it. You should buy her one. I'd sell you mine, but I can't "sticky" my own threads.
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone." - Al Capone

The second amendment is the reset button of our Constitution.

I bought this iPod for my stepson. 20G w/photo viewing and free case. Because it's a generation behind and a refurb from Apple, it's only $159.

http://www.smalldog.com/category/x/x...g118/wag10018/

EDIT: It's already arrived and I've played with it. Everything is working perfect and it has absolutely no scratches. If they had put it in a new box and wrapped it in cellophane, I would have never knew. I might take it to the Apple Store and get the extended 3-year warranty for $59 too, just in case.

Administrator
    I bought her 2GB ipod Nano and just now put it on the plastic and did an on line purchase...sure looked good and nifty to me.
    I might buy one of those cheapie USB players for myself.

This thread is now Un~Stuck.
    I'll leave it posted in case anybody else needs the same help.

Thanks All! Much Appreciated!

Links