The Iceman Interview: Incredibly Prolific HiITMAN; Fascinating Interview:

This is a discussion on The Iceman Interview: Incredibly Prolific HiITMAN; Fascinating Interview: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Never heard of the guy before watching this, one documentary out of many on this contract killer talking to an FBI Psychiatrist. He's a very ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Bubbiesdad
  • 1 Post By welder516
  • 1 Post By TN_Mike
  • 1 Post By detective
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By Ghost1958

Thread: The Iceman Interview: Incredibly Prolific HiITMAN; Fascinating Interview:

The Iceman Interview: Incredibly Prolific HiITMAN; Fascinating Interview:

Never heard of the guy before watching this, one documentary out of many on this contract killer talking to an FBI Psychiatrist. He's a very scary guy, but also weirdly pleasant and matter of fact as he talks about his reactions when killing - his victims number somewhere between 100 and 200. The FBI wanted to learn the personality mechanisms of this man, and he, late in interview, suddenly wants to learn something of himself surprisingly. I thought this was very interesting, altho a heads up, it's good and grizzly sometimes with side photographs at times of victims, so may not be what you want to watch. It's slow paced due to the Iceman's thoughtful speaking style and one of many such tapes; I haven't watched others.

I watched sections of this one. If you do that yourself make sure you go to the near end of the tape when the psychiatrist, in a very quiet way, gives the killer the psychological feedback he asks for. I thought this was especially fascinating, as was the final reaction of the Iceman, the first disclosure he made about the general and horrible gap always a part of his life.

"The Iceman Tapes - Inside The Mind Of A Mafia Hitman"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psoq8qYvx18

2. Remove Ads

Wow...that guy is scary but like you said interesting.

I saw this years ago. Guy talked of killing as we would talk about going to a store. One story really was strange. The one where one of the fellow criminals threatened his family. I wondered how someone who knew what he was capable of could be stupid enough to make such a threat.
    detective likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    If he ever got out he would be one person that would pick up where he left off. He is so a matter of fact.
    detective likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Hmmm... learn about this guy, or spend the same time learning about Bud Day. Choices, choices. Phil 4:8

He was a true sociopath. No empathy for any other human being and completely indifferent on right and wrong. Sociopaths are the most frightening type of psychological disorder. They can and most often do appear completely normal and often they learn to mimic empathy and other normal emotions so they can assimilate in society. They are extremely dangerous people and very hard to detect.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    And people wonder Why We CARRY!!

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    He was a true sociopath. No empathy for any other human being and completely indifferent on right and wrong. Sociopaths are the most frightening type of psychological disorder. They can and most often do appear completely normal and often they learn to mimic empathy and other normal emotions so they can assimilate in society. They are extremely dangerous people and very hard to detect.
    And as well have they have the ability to greatly charm, look at Ted Bundy, a prime example. A killer in a fetching gift-wrapped package.

Quote Originally Posted by sealteam20001 View Post
    And people wonder Why We CARRY!!
    I don't think Carrying would save us from this guy, one way or the other if he wanted us dead I think we would be - he knows his business too well, including choice of time and place. He's very good at poisoning too.
    blitzburgh likes this.

That guy's no joke. Anything mafia related (books, documentaries, shows, movies) sucks me in. Definitely one of the coldest I can recall.
    detective likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Watched that a long time ago. Guy is a killing machine no doubt but he was dumb enough to get caught as well.

As for our carrying, if someone wants you specifically dead as in just you, and you dont know it or even if you do and the assassin has half a brain your toast. Short of a dedicated 24 hour security detail around you with all the trimmings about anybody can snipe you off at 250 yards with a run of the mill 243 or something of that ilk, inside of a week or less.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Watched that a long time ago. Guy is a killing machine no doubt but he was dumb enough to get caught as well.

As for our carrying, if someone wants you specifically dead as in just you, and you dont know it or even if you do and the assassin has half a brain your toast. Short of a dedicated 24 hour security detail around you with all the trimmings about anybody can snipe you off at 250 yards with a run of the mill 243 or something of that ilk, inside of a week or less.
    Indeed. Us being creatures of habit doesn't much help things either.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post

Or strike up a conversation with you in a coffee shop. On the way out, the killer sits down with you for a couple of minutes, sharing something fitting the brief words you had before from separate tables, and he also shares a touch of cyanide in your coffee when he distracts your attention (one of the real killer's favorite poisons). Then a quiet "take care" and he's gone. You'll soon feel sick and go home, and hours later die with family there, by which time the cyanide will likely disperse from your system, and your death likely be attributed to heart-attack or stroke. Since you die home no coroner will come and no autopsy will be demanded. Even were the cyanide found, how would anybody at a coffee-shop remember that 2 days before, two customers had a brief 3 min. conversation with each other or that it meant anything - not exactly unusual nor an attention drawing event. This guy would operate all over the country, frequently an unknown presence, in and out. He was not stupid. He likely was caught from a fellow mob-member fingering him - though I don't know that for sure.

Links