New words for 2006
This is a discussion on New words for 2006 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My son has excelled today - got this too! Yet again may be everywhere but new to me.
NEW WORDS FOR 2006:
Essential vocabulary ...
November 28th, 2006 03:45 PM
New words for 2006
My son has excelled today - got this too! Yet again may be everywhere but new to me.
NEW WORDS FOR 2006:
Essential vocabulary additions for the workplace (and elsewhere)
1. BLAMESTORMING : Sitting around in a group, discussing why a deadline was missed or a project failed, and who was responsible.
2. SEAGULL MANAGER : A manager, who flies in, makes a lot of noise, craps on everything, and then leaves.
3. ASSMOSIS : The process by which some people seem to absorb success and advancement by kissing up to the boss rather than working hard.
4. SALMON DAY : The experience of spending an entire day swimming upstream only to die or be eaten by the bear in the end.
5. CUBE FARM : An office filled with cubicles
6. PRAIRIE DOGGING : When someone yells or drops something loudly in a cube farm, and people's heads pop over the walls to see what's going on.
7. MOUSE POTATO : The on-line, wired generation's answer to the couch potato.
8. SITCOMs : Single Income, Two Children, Oppressive Mortgage. What Yuppies turn into when they have children and one of them stops working to stay home with the kids.
9. STRESS PUPPY : A person who seems to thrive on being stressed out and whiny.
10. SWIPEOUT : An ATM or credit card that has been rendered useless
because the magnetic strip is worn away from extensive use.
11. XEROX SUBSIDY : Euphemism for swiping free photocopies from one's workplace.
12. IRRITAINMENT : Entertainment and media spectacles that are annoying but you find yourself unable to stop watching them. The J-Lo and Ben wedding (or not) was a prime example - Michael Jackson, another...
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE : The fine art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
14. ADMINISPHERE : The rarefied organizational layers beginning just
above the rank and file. Decisions that fall from the adminisphere are
often profoundly inappropriate or irrelevant to the problems they were
designed to solve.
15. 404 : Someone who's clueless. From the World Wide Web error Message "404 Not Found," meaning that the requested site could not be located.
16. GENERICA : Features of the American landscape that are exactly the same no matter where one is, such as fast food joints, strip malls, and subdivisions.
17. OHNOSECOND : That minuscule fraction of time in which you realize that you've just made a BIG mistake. (Like after hitting send on an email by mistake)
18. WOOFS : Well-Off Older Folks.
19. CROP DUSTING : Surreptitiously spraying too much perfume while
passing through a Cube Farm.
Chris - P95
NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.
"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."
- a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.
November 28th, 2006 03:51 PM
One of my specialties...
13. PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE
Thanks for posting these, Chris...
"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York
"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper
November 28th, 2006 04:56 PM
November 28th, 2006 08:10 PM
I love those. Jeff Foxworthy would be proud. Thanks for sharing Chis.
November 28th, 2006 09:00 PM
Thanks Chris. Now I know I am a mouse potato....
Assault is a behavior, not a device.
"Don't never take no shortcuts." Patty Reed, Donner Party
Lifetime NRA member
November 28th, 2006 09:18 PM
Teaching In Our High School...
sometimes feels like a Salmon Day...sometimes?...heck, lots a times!
The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.
Certified Glock Armorer
NRA Life Member[/B]
November 28th, 2006 09:25 PM
November 28th, 2006 09:32 PM
Great , 13 decribes my current monitor fix .
"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson
Nemo Me Impune Lacesset
November 29th, 2006 12:59 AM
Here's one, I may have found this here in the past, not sure though.
Anal Glaucoma- Where you can't see your butt going to work.
PC has become the term for Political Cowardice.
November 29th, 2006 08:03 AM
Thanks Chris. I love those things........
EOD - Initial success or total failure
December 1st, 2006 02:14 AM
Fantastic- I laughed my ass off. Oh wait, it's still there. Thaks for the grins
December 1st, 2006 07:31 AM
I liked them all, but I guess I'm a WOOFS; 'course I could just be a OFS - older folks.
December 1st, 2006 07:56 AM
86 the 404; he's 187. 10-4. See? A true CC topic, after all.
Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
self defense (A.O.J.).
How does disarming
the number of victims?
Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos)
NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.
December 1st, 2006 08:18 AM
I think I'll be a "Seagull Manager" today.... Na, after the Salmon Thursday, I'll leave everybody alone to die in piece!!
December 1st, 2006 07:27 PM
By MSGTTBAR in forum Law Enforcement, Military & Homeland Security Discussion
Last Post: May 29th, 2006, 01:28 PM
By CopperKnight in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: May 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
By fitznig in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: April 1st, 2006, 09:02 AM
By Ti Carry in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: February 12th, 2006, 09:24 AM
By P95Carry in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: January 4th, 2006, 01:15 PM