PDA's......anyone have/use one?

This is a discussion on PDA's......anyone have/use one? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm thinking about getting one. I will use it some for work mostly for videos/music/entertainment usage. Just wondering whats out there and what all you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDA's......anyone have/use one?

I'm thinking about getting one. I will use it some for work mostly for videos/music/entertainment usage. Just wondering whats out there and what all you guys use yours for.

thanks,

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I had a Dell PPC. Used it for a while, then moved and my current campus doesn't have WiFi so I sold it on eBay.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

I've had a few...never been big on them though...if it's going to be for music and videos how about just an i-pod?

Quote Originally Posted by raysheen View Post
    I've had a few...never been big on them though...if it's going to be for music and videos how about just an i-pod?
    Because its not 'just' going to be for music. I already have a small MP3 player anyway. I'm looking for something with a calendar that I can keep appointments in along with contacts and suct. Possibly keep track of my weight lifting as well.

clipse
    MOΛΩN ΛABÉ

I have and use a Dell Axim, provided by my employer. If I had my choice, I'd get a PDA Phone instead. In fact, I may do so anyway. The PDA is great when you have a wireless connection available, but it sux when you're out and about.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

I have one of the HP PDAs and rarely use it for anything serious, like a work calendar. One thing that is great is the ability to download electronic books and read them on it. If you get one and are into science fiction, try http://www.baen.com/

They have a free library that you can download. I like the MS Reader versions best.

I have a Palm. I got it for free. Not sure if I would want to pay the money for one. They ain't cheap! I use it mainly for the calendar and address book, and now and then to play a game while I'm riding the bus. My daughter has a newer ipod and her conclusion is that the tiny screen is pretty useless for watching videos.

For a few years, I used a palm. Great portable carry along device.
    The biggest drawback is that if you don't back up your memory to a computer hard drive, you'll accidently lose it all one way or another, sooner or later. Just stay on top of it...
    " Refuse to be a victim, make sure there is a round chambered ! "

Just call me a pessimistic optimist !

U.S. Navy vet 1981-1992

I love my Palm.

Im the kind of person who cant or am not aloud to stop moving. So, I can get disorganized easily. Its also great for making notes, for my reports at work.

My only problem now, is that I went from being resourceful and primitive to a "teck geek". Who has to carry a I pod, Palm, cell phone, camera.... Oops almost forgot the G19!

Go for the Blackberry 7130. It's a phone, email, web browser, calendar and much more. And it is broadband. I love mine.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

Very nice Rugerman! I just did some google reserch on it. I see it for $299, I bet it will go down after the holiday season. How fast/slow is the broadband on it?

I have a Palm Tungsten T3 that is nothing more than a glorified alarm clock. It is the only thing that's loud enough to get me up in the morning, and the fact that it has "Reveille" as a default alarm option is gravy.

I have a Sprint PPC6700. I can't live without it.
    Phone
    PDA
    Email
    Web browsing
    remote access to several client sites
    It has both WiFi and Sprints mobile internet service.

Check out the new Microsoft origami.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/umpc/default.mspx
    There are 10 types of people in the world:
    Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

PDA & Blackberry. There's no way that I could keep up with all the meetings & calls I'm expected to make in a typical week at work without these gizmos.

I especially value having emails delivered to me in real-time on the Blackberry. THe PDA is my backup GPS & Internet device, too.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links