Time to review your prepping plans - Syria

This is a discussion on Time to review your prepping plans - Syria within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well folks its time to review your supplies and plans with your loved ones. There are so many ways the looming Syria conflict could go ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Time to review your prepping plans - Syria

VIP Member

Time to review your prepping plans - Syria

Well folks its time to review your supplies and plans with your loved ones. There are so many ways the looming Syria conflict could go sideways if Obama plods ahead.

We have food, drinking water, and general supplies set aside. We also have get home plans in place as well as an evacuation plan if necessary. Hopefully we won't need them, but you never know. I don't see how lobbing cruise missiles into a country with Soviet troops on the ground won't lead to something really bad.
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

My plan is to be your friend.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

^^
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I don't have friends.

I've been thinking along the same lines...

Nothing good can come from this. Food, water, ammo, etc., are all good things to have plenty of anyway. If nothing happens, you saved some money by buying it now instead of later (5% inflation and all). If something does happen, you have what you need.

Just think - what if the "ammo shortage" were a food shortage.

A small portion of the population shoots; everybody eats!
    ctr likes this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    I don't have friends.
    .... Wondering how many seconds after this post Brad sent a friend request... Lol!
    ctr and Sister like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Just a point of order... there technically aren't any such things as "Soviet troops" anymore.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Just a point of order... there technically aren't any such things as "Soviet troops" anymore.
    Then who did I buy all those cookies from earlier this year? They were in uniforms and had a sign that said "Troop 249."
    Brad426, Sister and NONAME762 like this.

VIP Member
    I don't think Putin wants a war with us anymore than we want one with him. I think bombing Syria might get Israeli involved though.

I guess I better get stocked up just in case. We don't have an evacuation plan because we already live where we would evacuate to.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    You are correct, but somebody needs to explain that to Putin.
    ctr and Alex_C like this.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Like always our govt. is not telling all the details. Yes Russian troops Are manning the air defense systems there!! Which would be a target if we strike!, Killing some of them I think would hit a bad note with Russia ya think?. just another thought.
    Patti likes this.

I agree nothing good can from this and to be honest, I'm sick of us playing "World Police". Anyways, I'm stocked up on necessities but I guess adding some more supplies couldn't hurt.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I've gained about 15 pounds over the summer, so if stuff hits that fan at least I'll be able to get back into my skinny jeans.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Distinguished Member
    Just like I plan for a hurricane, beer and chips!

Oh, and guns and lots of bullets, don't need them for a hurricane unless you need to protect your beer and chips from all them stupid people that bought bread and milk, something that will go bad.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Quote Originally Posted by ctr View Post
    Well folks its time to review your supplies and plans with your loved ones. There are so many ways the looming Syria conflict could go sideways if Obama plods ahead. We have food, drinking water, and general supplies set aside. We also have get home plans in place as well as an evacuation plan if necessary. Hopefully we won't need them, but you never know. I don't see how lobbing cruise missiles into a country with Soviet troops on the ground won't lead to something really bad.
    The Syrians are going to invade northern Colorado. Riiiiiiight...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links