A new use for 9mm round has been revealed.

This is a discussion on A new use for 9mm round has been revealed. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My partner and I went to Alameda Island, across the bay from San Francisco to sell at an antiques fair. "People watching" there can be ...

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar

My partner and I went to Alameda Island, across the bay from San Francisco to sell at an antiques fair. "People watching" there can be entertaining, as many dress up for the event. We see artistic stereotypes in berets, steam-punkers, super-nerds, drug addicts (I think Keith Richards corpse's ghost walked by), persons of indeterminate gender, and vintage clothing afficianados. I enjoy seeing some of the girls in 40's stuff. A normal looking guy around 55 was at one of our tables looking at a badge from a Russian fur hat. In his heavy Ukranian accent he says "look like Russian Navy surface fleet". I said yes, how about $5. He smiles, giving me the impression he liked the price, and pulled a 9mm pistol round out of his pocket, with a string coming from the primer hole. He dangled it above the badge and said a few words I don't understand, and says 'no thanks" and starts to leave. I ask 'what was that all about?" he said, "Pendulum knows all" and walked off. We were joking about that all day. A little research today tells me that some people use this "dousing" to make many decisions in their lives, but most seem to use something a bit more hippy/cosmic than a 9mm round. We have a 150 Lbs crane "headache ball" in my inventory, perhaps I should try to market it to the Pendulumists.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Well, that's certainly interesting. I for one couldn't go about my life basing my decisions on a swing though.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Sounds like a fancy way to replace the good old' coin flip to me.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Ah, but for THIS guy, it works. Apparently, it's worked often enough that he's chosen to build his life upon it.

Related: You'll get the same statistical results with the bullet dousing that you get with prayer.

It's all about choosing your favorite illusion.

Links