This is Getting Serious!!: Fukushima Plant Nuclear Toxicity And Leaks Into Pacific:

This is Getting Serious!!: Fukushima Plant Nuclear Toxicity And Leaks Into Pacific:

This is a discussion on This is Getting Serious!!: Fukushima Plant Nuclear Toxicity And Leaks Into Pacific: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Nuclear disaster in Japan once over, one very important fact was forgotten: Nuclear Activity once begun does not disappear; It lasts and lasts and ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By packinnova
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By msgt/ret
  • 6 Post By Sister

Thread: This is Getting Serious!!: Fukushima Plant Nuclear Toxicity And Leaks Into Pacific:

The Nuclear disaster in Japan once over, one very important fact was forgotten: Nuclear Activity once begun does not disappear; It lasts and lasts and lasts: and it has to go somewhere if not really secured. That there are HUGE amounts of nuclear toxic water spiking new highs in radiation in dicey tanks at this one plant, (one already spewed over 300 tons! of radioactive-toxic water into the Pacific) is not comforting at all.

Japan and it's huge nuclear companies have blown it from day one from the initial catastrophe to now; they and the Japanese Gov. have a bad habit of lying to the public about the seriousness of these events. I think they are again or whistling in the dark. Watch where your fish comes from - and soon your water if even 1/3 of those tanks go South.... my thoughts anyway.

Radiation level spikes further near toxic water tanks at Japan's Fukushima plant

Radiation reading spikes further near Fukushima water tanks - CNN.com

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    So don't eat sushi that glows in the dark.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

If I read you correctly, you are saying that pretty soon we will have Godzilla to deal with. Right?
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    If I read you correctly, you are saying that pretty soon we will have Godzilla to deal with. Right?
    A Radioactive Godzilla perhaps - even worse than the regular variety...

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    A Radioactive Godzilla perhaps - even worse than the regular variety...
    the Japanese Godzilla aired in the 70s was radio active and spewed laser death from it's mouth.

Japanese Movie Posters: Godzilla vs. Megalon - Gojira tai Megaro (1973)
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

Yeah well, he who casts the first stone and all. We have a few facilities that if were met with a natural disaster(like a hurricane or tsunami of significant strength) we'd be screwed too... Nevermind one of these has a history of potential sabotage attempts that if succeeded would have an effect not unlike the Fukushima cluster bomb going on right now...
    detective likes this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Well, that would explain why tuna being caught off the California coast have been found to have "higher than normal" traces of cesium-137 and the high number of dead seals washing up on shore.
    detective likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I am no nuclear physicist and did not sleep in a Holiday Inn last night but if I read this right 2,200 millisieverts is ¼ of what may be dangerous.

One sievert carries with it a 5.5% chance of eventually developing cancer.[1] Doses greater than 1 sievert received over a short time period are likely to cause radiation poisoning, possibly leading to death within weeks.
    Sievert - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I will avoid the three eyed fish and the ones with legs though.
    manolito likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    ; ... the Japanese Gov. have a bad habit of lying to the public ........
    Wow, we got something in common with the Japanese people!
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

Distinguished Member
    This is strictly economics Ice dams can be built around these tanks and prevent this from happening. I don't understand the Japanese. They forbade us from bringing in a nuclear ship to their ports yet they allow this company to fail in its moral obligation. MSGThit the nail we now have machines that can detect levels that were non detectable just ten years ago. We still don't know for shure what level is safe today.

Look up chernobyl you find that they have never found the core. The China syndrone is a very real thing. The russians have a fleet of nuclear submarines sunk at the pier because they have no money to defuel them. The cover over chernobyl has holes in the cover big enough to fit a house through. Birds continue to fly through the area and spread contamination. The dome of the containment is very unstable and if it falls will spread a very toxic highly radioactive cloud for the world to breath.

This toxic water could have been used to wet concrete and form large blocks of cement that would not leak anywhere. Shure they would be hot but stable. There are other chemicals that can stop the chain reaction but then you have a very big very hot useless piece of junk.

To be honest the place that scares me is the laboratories that use accelerators and things that they have no idea how the experiment will go. Shure they have a very educated guess but still not all the outcomes are as planned nor are they good.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    This is strictly economics Ice dams can be built around these tanks and prevent this from happening. I don't understand the Japanese. They forbade us from bringing in a nuclear ship to their ports yet they allow this company to fail in its moral obligation. MSGThit the nail we now have machines that can detect levels that were non detectable just ten years ago. We still don't know for shure what level is safe today.

Look up chernobyl you find that they have never found the core. The China syndrone is a very real thing. The russians have a fleet of nuclear submarines sunk at the pier because they have no money to defuel them. The cover over chernobyl has holes in the cover big enough to fit a house through. Birds continue to fly through the area and spread contamination. The dome of the containment is very unstable and if it falls will spread a very toxic highly radioactive cloud for the world to breath.

This toxic water could have been used to wet concrete and form large blocks of cement that would not leak anywhere. Shure they would be hot but stable. There are other chemicals that can stop the chain reaction but then you have a very big very hot useless piece of junk.

To be honest the place that scares me is the laboratories that use accelerators and things that they have no idea how the experiment will go. Shure they have a very educated guess but still not all the outcomes are as planned nor are they good.
    Well, I think the Japanese never taking responsibility for initiating WWII, or even that their war with China was NOT caused by both countries but by their invasion - which brought complete disbelief from everyone especially since the Rape of Nanking was then a new hot topic - is all indicative of how they have reacted to this massive catastrophe, still continuing: denial, belief in the denial, wanting to "save face" by underestimating the full danger - well that's all an extension of the same mindset. And the China Syndrome as you say is not fiction, but a monster curled up in hiding. When it reveals itself: it's going to real bad all over the world. Radiation for all practical purposes does not die, it's contained very, very well, or out the door.

I'd rather go back to coal as the major energy producer, pollution and all, then wake up to my neighbor Nuclear Reactor finding I've suddenly got 4 noses.

How many Nuclear accidents and whole reactor sites going south - like Chernobyl and Japan's - before we stop this absurd claim that Nuclear Power is safe. It isn't in the real world - that's all you have to know. Dump it. And find something inherently safe.

Links