L' shanah tovah y'all

This is a discussion on L' shanah tovah y'all within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; New year greetings from the Bluegrass....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: L' shanah tovah y'all

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

L' shanah tovah y'all

New year greetings from the Bluegrass.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Thank you Kap! And to you too.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member
    Yabba Dabba Doo back at cha, and I love bluegrass!

(woops, did a google on what you just said - my ignorance, sry! Happy new year to you too ~ I'm Baptist and didn't know, we just eat a lot on Wednesday nights)
    StormRhydr and Oldpsufan like this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Shalom my friend and happy Rosh Hashanah to you.

Happy New Year to you!

VIP Member
    And from central Ohio.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member

Thumbs up

'Back at ya, Kap

I had a feeling that was what...Hebrew?? Soon as Hoplyte said Shalom I knew. I'm sorry...just woke up...not one snappy one liner to be had. Sometimes that's how it goes...first your money then your clothes...
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Shalom aleikhem.
    The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

L'shanah Tovah from Wisconsin. May 5774 be full of happiness, health and peace for you and all of yours.
    Sister likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

שנה טובה גם לך.
    Sister and Tzadik like this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Is there any astrological significance to the choice of the New Year? I've always felt that our Dec 31 was remarkably arbitrary.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Is there any astrological significance to the choice of the New Year? I've always felt that our Dec 31 was remarkably arbitrary.
    After showing my ignorance above maybe this is where I can make up for it a bit. The Jewish calendar (from what I understand) was the calendar that G_d gave Moses, the Hebrew calendar. The Jewish holidays are followed by this calendar but not the Jewish Sabbath/Shabbat and I have never understood why the Shabbat is by mans calendar in their faith? Since the beginning when G_d gave this calendar to Moses man has changed the calendar several times, I think around 3 times?!

This became a problem with my family since one side is Seventh-day Adventist and swears that Saturday is the correct Sabbath/Shabbat as do the Jews. My Baptist side believes it's Sunday because of the resurrection.
    After studying this calendar for over 4 years off and on, I think they all are wrong. If one were to go by they Hebrew calendar then the true "Sabbath" or "Shabbat" would fall on different days of our week, the weeks made by mans calendar. They didn't have names for days back then (they did for months but not the same names that we got now) but the days were numbered according to the NEW MOON. Now the New Moon is a holy day but not the same as the Sabbath/Shabbat. There is a New Moon day then the day after that starts with day 1, day 2, day 3 and so on until the next New Moon. You will see the term New Moon and references to it all through the Bible but mostly in the Old testament, and the Torah (ie: first 5 books of Moses).

So, to answer your question about the astrological significance then the answer to me would be yes because of the New Moon day.

I would like to apologize again to the OP for not understanding his first post as I certainly meant no disrespect ~ I do not know the Hebrew language and thought he was making up something just to have fun with us. If the term Rosh Hashanah were used then I wouldn't have put my foot in my mouth!

If any of what I have posted in this post is incorrect please feel free to correct me
    CanuckQue and 357and40 like this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

VIP Member
    We just got home from morning services, where I once again had the honor and privilege of sounding the shofar.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Thank you and L'Shanah Tovah with much health and happiness in the new year to all who celebrate it on the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links