Walmart, who cares?

Walmart, who cares?

This is a discussion on Walmart, who cares? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Walmart employees are protesting, so what?! The few times I go to pick up a 97 cent card (can't bring myself to pay $3.99 for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Walmart, who cares?

Distinguished Member

Walmart, who cares?

Walmart employees are protesting, so what?! The few times I go to pick up a 97 cent card (can't bring myself to pay $3.99 for a card) all it seems to be is a gathering place for the strange to meet up (and Lords know what all else). Most look like a gym would be a better place for them to meet up and not the donut isle.

I hate supporting Wally world and would rather support the local shops and spend the extra dollar to stay away from the "People of Walmart"....jest say'in...
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

We're with you, we try to buy locally whenever we can too. But I suppose everyone needs a place to shop, even drunken inbreds.

Yeah, Walmarts service in the Heartland Sux. I ain't gonna run-down & tackle an employee just to ask for a few seconds of service.
    What happened to: "You're Always Next In Line at Walmart" ....... 4th or 5th would be an improvement.

Mostly, I DID go back to the local businesses. It has been worth the good service plus "Knowledgeable" employees who often save me $$.
    Walmart doesn't have great prices anyway. Both my sons and their wives refuse to even go to Wally's.... they could write a book on their reasons.... many are getting away from Wally's.
    Besides, they don't care about stocking ammo !!!

I think I want all this 'Global-Garbage' out of my life.
    RichB70, Christopher67 and Sister like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Went to WM a few times at 0-Dark-30 and thought I'd run into a freak show and Inbreeders International convention. Straaaange people out there.
    Christopher67 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    We're with you, we try to buy locally whenever we can too. But I suppose everyone needs a place to shop, even drunken inbreds.
    My wife just notified me that my previous comment above was inappropriate and insensitive. So I extend my humblest apologies to any drunken inbreds for having compared you to Walmart people.

How's that, honey?

I shop Walmart`as well as other places. Walmart's service has declined and their pricing has been overtaken by grocery chains. If Walmarts owners don't figure it out their meal ticket will go the way of the Dodo.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Walmart employees are protesting, so what?! The few times I go to pick up a 97 cent card (can't bring myself to pay $3.99 for a card) all it seems to be is a gathering place for the strange to meet up (and Lords know what all else). Most look like a gym would be a better place for them to meet up and not the donut isle.

I hate supporting Wally world and would rather support the local shops and spend the extra dollar to stay away from the "People of Walmart"....jest say'in...
    Hey Sis, tell all the people you send cards to that from now on you will be signing the card in pencil and that you expect them to do the same. That way you can erase names and have a never ending supply of cards.
    Sister likes this.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    I find some of their prices are cheaper.I have no problems going to walmart myself.In fact i have a couple of friends who works there,who are good people, just trying to make a living.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Went to WM a few times at 0-Dark-30 and thought I'd run into a freak show and Inbreeders International convention. Straaaange people out there.
    I used to think that Walmart must surely keep a company of actors on standby and deploy them when they saw me entering the store. It is just amazing that such filth, such worthless trash, exists in such numbers. We've built a world in which freaks and losers are much too welcome. In a better day, this trash would never have made it past the front door.

Distinguished Member
    Always entertaining. Some people just go for the air conditioning...

5188.jpg

or beer when they can't make the swap meet.

beer.jpg

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Our local WalMart is open 24 hours and that is why I normally stop there after midnight. The normal crowd usually aren't around. The downside is there are fewer people to assist customers and the one open register is located more than 60 feet away from the only open door and no Loss Prevention Personnel there. The other downside is that is when they do a good deal of stocking so some of the isles are crowded.

Without Walmart, we wouldn't have Funny Pictures at WalMart to laugh at. Not to mention, using "People of Target" could getcha in trouble with big brother.
    RichB70, Tzadik and knight65 like this.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    I'm getting my flu shot this week, Going to ask for a wally shot also. Never shop there but. Just in case..

+1 for the wal mart haters. I couldn't tell you the last time I set foot in one of them. I can tell you the last time I did is because someone needed their car towed and they left their keys at the service desk, so thats all the further I went in. they also built a new one less than a mile from the house, I haven't been in that one (and I don't intend to go) but I will just assume it looks like all the other ones.

I will go to Target, and I do the vast majority of my grocery shopping at....a grocery store, I get ammo and other related things at a sporting goods store, and my car gets serviced at a mechanics shop (not sam's tires and whatever) I truly don't feel like I've been missing anything. if some things cost an extra dollar or two I will happily pay it so I don't have to subject myself to the horror that is wally world.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

It's very rare that I go to Wal-Mart but I must pick the times where all the "interesting" people aren't there because I've never once seen anything as bad as people describe.
    msgt/ret and Oldpsufan like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links