Parent-Teacher Night - I Was Outed

This is a discussion on Parent-Teacher Night - I Was Outed within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I had back to school night this week, where the parents can meet their child's teacher, and get a general overview of the class. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Parent-Teacher Night - I Was Outed

I had back to school night this week, where the parents can meet their child's teacher, and get a general overview of the class. I posted a thread a while ago about running into a student and their dad while OCing last summer....

So, this parent was in one of the meetings, and after I was done, came up and patted my strong side hip and said, "you packin tonight?" (He was joking, and probably would have been happy if I was).

I said, "no, I'm not allowed to at school." (It is not legal in PA)

Not a big deal, except there were about 10 other parents in the room that witnessed the whole exchange. Most of them chuckled, but it made me feel a bit uncomfortable...

On the plus side, maybe I will get some ammo for Christmas presents now, instead of candy and gift cards.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I would not be happy with that guy. I have a brother in-law that used to ask me in front of people all the time. We had a talk now he never asks
    NONAME762, CIBMike and Sister like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Maybe they chuckled because they carry also?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Bad form on so many levels.
    NONAME762 and Tzadik like this.

Sadly another potential consequence of OCing. It is inevitable to eventually run into people we know or who may recognize us in public and some of them may not share our views. One would have to expect such people to put us in a compromising situation any chance they get. As for those who do it accidentally or without realizing it, I'm in fredg53's camp on "having a talk" with them to educate them on proper social etiquette.
    NONAME762 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Look at it like this, you may have educated someone on the laws of your state. Also you showed them that not only do you know the law you are also responsible enough to abide by it. You showed someone what a gunowner should be. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by fredg53 View Post
    I would not be happy with that guy. I have a brother in-law that used to ask me in front of people all the time. We had a talk now he never asks
    The person who 'outed' the OP needs a lesson on proper manners. How do you say every now and then someone needs smacked in the mouth without saying it out loud?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I had back to school night this week, where the parents can meet their child's teacher, and get a general overview of the class. I posted a thread a while ago about running into a student and their dad while OCing last summer....

So, this parent was in one of the meetings, and after I was done, came up and patted my strong side hip and said, "you packin tonight?" (He was joking, and probably would have been happy if I was).

Not a big deal, except there were about 10 other parents in the room that witnessed the whole exchange. Most of them chuckled, but it made me feel a bit uncomfortable...

On the plus side, maybe I will get some ammo for Christmas presents now, instead of candy and gift cards.
    Never show a dumb Maggie your gun. End of lecture.
    SIXTO likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Badey dont take this the wrong way, but I think you outed yourself. People are going to be people and make stupids comments.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Time to take the guy to task for the mental flub on his part. With friends like that ...

As they say: once the word's out, the word's out, since you no longer have any control over who speak of it or when.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Never show a dumb Maggie your gun. End of lecture.
    Fair enough. I was about an hour and a half away from the school district while I was OCing, so I assumed I would avoid this kind of situation... However, I found out what assuming does.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

How long have you been teaching, Badey? I was in quite a few different schools in Pittsburgh and it'd be interesting if I happened to have you as a teacher.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Fair enough. I was about an hour and a half away from the school district while I was OCing, so I assumed I would avoid this kind of situation... However, I found out what assuming does.
    Time to put in for a CC permit perhaps?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    How long have you been teaching, Badey? I was in quite a few different schools in Pittsburgh and it'd be interesting if I happened to have you as a teacher.
    I got into the game a little late. I've only been teaching for 6 years. I worked in customer service before that. Unless you're a young whippersnapper, I didn't have the pleasure of having you as a student.

You need to have a conversation with this jerk and tell him to shut his pie hole and mind his own business.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links