Define "Redneck" - Page 2

Define "Redneck"

This is a discussion on Define "Redneck" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hey we just like to have fun. unknown34.jpg unknown67.jpg unknown1011.jpg image014.jpg image001.jpg image011.jpg...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: Define "Redneck"

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    if you work with out a shirt on and so does your husband...you might be a redneck...

if your working TV is sitting on top of your busted TV...you might be a redneck...

You Might Be A Redneck
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

I resemble that remark. You guys are funny. Hank knows....

I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I resemble that remark. You guys are funny. Hank knows....

Lotta truth in that song.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I affectionately embrace my Red-Neckedness. Although I am now a financial executive, I continue to have a simple, basic, down-to-earth approach to things. I'm not fancy, high faluten, and I don't care what others think. As Jeff Foxworthy put it, "A Glorious Lack of Sophistication."

As I have come to realize over the years and living in different areas, it doesn't matter if you live in the mountains of Virginia or the Beach of Florida...there's Rednecks EVERYWHERE.
    Pinot and packinnova like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

VIP Member
    Although the term "Redneck" could or does have a negative meaning i do not think of it that way . I consider it a ordinary person that sees things a bit different not reading alot into things likes to have fun .
    Sister likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    I consider myself a weekend redneck but my colleagues in Cary assure me that I'm a redneck all the time. I live on a dirt road and I'm getting ready to go get my morning walk. I'll be carrying a 45 while I get my cardio. I have a new blue diesel engine car with a desiccated frog stuck to the front bumper that I'm a little proud of. My wife and I are going into town tonight to see the Blue Men Group and then I gotta get home and hopefully shoot a possum out of the persimmon tree near the horse barn. I'll probably be in manhattan later this week but dove season has me preoccupied and I find at a business trip is getting in the way.

I dunno......
    manolito likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

About a year ago a person called me " a homeland redneck "
    I said " thank you "

I have found the people that use redneck as they look down their noses are people I really don't like. They have values that I don't value.

Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    if you work with out a shirt on and so does your husband...you might be a redneck...

if your working TV is sitting on top of your busted TV...you might be a redneck...

You Might Be A Redneck
    Didn't see it on your list also taken from Jeff Foxworthy "If you have more than 500 rds of ammunition not counting .22's, you might be a redneck."

Thank you Phil Robertson and the Duck Dynasty crew.
    BigJon10125 likes this.

West Virginia coal miners wearing a red handkerchiefs to identify themselves from strike breakers, local law enforcement and the military trying to kill them. OR...

You might be a redneck if...

Many of my neighbors with decades of acquired broken down cars, couches, refrigerators, washers, dryers, hot water heaters, garbage, trash, scrap metal, etc. used as front yard lawn furniture and decoration.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

While I live in the Piedmont area of the Appalachian Mountains in West Virginia (Piedmont= foothills) I really do not consider myself much of a "redneck" but at times it does come out.

I have always heard the term was used to describe miners who were trying to Unionize the mines and to symbolize who they were, they wore red bandanas, hence the term "redneck." I'm not really sure if that is how it originated but we definitely had loads of problems back then between the mine owners and the miners when it came to Unionizing.

Redneck can be a good or bad moniker and depends upon how it is used.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

I once knew a fellow that lived in a used church bus (it was a worn out school bus before the church bought it cheap and wore it out further). The bus was sitting on cinder blocks, had Confederate flag curtains and tangerine shag carpet. It had a wood burning stove with the stovepipe stuck out one of the side windows. For electricity, he had a hundred foot extension cord running over to an outlet at his dad's trailer. He might have been a redneck.

I saw another fellow who had taken a used school bus and grafted a Volkswagen Mini-bus from the sixties to the top of it to sort of make it like one of them London double deckers. It had NASCAR type spoiler wings on the front and rear to give it additional downforce. The wings were made of wood. He might have been one also.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    My wife has taken to calling me a redneck as of late (mostly because I have guns and hunt). I personally don't think I am; but don't think being a redneck is necessarily a bad thing either.
    Maybe it's time to start calling her your "Ex"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    I had employees who called me a red neck behind my back. It was their way of being derogatory. My Family comes from a dry farm in Idaho and I ranch now that I am retired. I aspire to the simple ways of the past. My neck is burnt from discing and I wear short sleeve shirts that leave me looking like a neon sign with my shirt off. The arms are almost black and at the tshirt sleeve I turn a very unpleasant pasty white except for the two tats save for another story.

People have prejudices for almost every thing. What I do know about a red neck is you won't find a mexican flag on their property. You will not find a hyphen in their geneology. They are American not Mexican American of Afro American but simply American.

They will share what they have if you are hungry and offer to help when it is raining and you are trying to tarp your hay with a thirty knot wind.

I would rather have one red neck as a friend than a Starbucks full of people for help.

Hell I may be a redneck
    msgt/ret, Pinot, Sister and 6 others like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links