Do i Amuse You ?

Do i Amuse You ?

This is a discussion on Do i Amuse You ? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Patient Sues after Anesthesiologist Puts Moustache, Tear Stickers on Her Face During Surgery When is a prank a crime ? I think they may have ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Do i Amuse You ?

VIP Member

Do i Amuse You ?

Patient Sues after Anesthesiologist Puts Moustache, Tear Stickers on Her Face During Surgery
    When is a prank a crime ? I think they may have went a little too far.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Stupid to do it. Stupid to sue over it. Grow up.
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    ^^That. Both parties need to grow up.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Stupid to do it. Stupid to sue over it. Grow up.
    I don't think suing is out of line here.

You go in for surgery, the doctor and the nurse paint up your face while you are unconscious, post the picture on Facebook. We should not expect a patient to say "Hey, that was stupid, but I'm over it."

1) Medical procedures are confidential. Violation of confidentiality. 2) Putting stuff on peoples faces without their consent - unwanted touching - battery. 3) Posting a picture of the person when they are unconscious and painted up - infliction of emotional distress.....

This is not like a couple of college kids painting up a face of a passed out drunk buddy. These are medical professional in whom a person must absolutely trust.

I don't know if I'd sue initially, but if the doctor and nurse weren't immediately terminated, then yes, I'd sue to make it happen or make the hospital pay for defending such idiots.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I don't think suing is out of line here.

You go in for surgery, the doctor and the nurse paint up your face while you are unconscious, post the picture on Facebook. We should not expect a patient to say "Hey, that was stupid, but I'm over it."

1) Medical procedures are confidential. Violation of confidentiality. 2) Putting stuff on peoples faces without their consent - unwanted touching - battery. 3) Posting a picture of the person when they are unconscious and painted up - infliction of emotional distress.....

This is not like a couple of college kids painting up a face of a passed out drunk buddy. These are medical professional in whom a person must absolutely trust.

I don't know if I'd sue initially, but if the doctor and nurse weren't immediately terminated, then yes, I'd sue to make it happen or make the hospital pay for defending such idiots.
    Still disagree though you bring up good points.(As always) She was their coworker for many years. In this situation would I sue to get my coworkers fired? Probably not. Would I leave any doubt in their minds about how felt about their shenanigans? Definitely not!

In a world of frivilous lawsuits, this is one that is justified and should have been filed. There are few relationships between customer and vendor that are more important, as invasive, or as potentially damaging, as that between surgeon and patient. In that scenario, ANY deviation from accepted norms simply cannot be allowed or condoned. It immediately destroys the presumption of professionalism that is vital to the relationship and calls into question the overall competency of the actors. It just can't be allowed or condoned.

Yes, this woman should have filed and should prevail.

VIP Member
    If it was any of our family members we would be in court sueing or a nice figure out of court . They brought it on themselfs .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

If they did that to me, I'd be laughing my arse off. Posting it on Facebook was a little over-the-top, but I'm sure I'd get over it. "Emotional distress"??? Get over it and grow up. Anyone who's that fragile is going to go through life "emotionally distressed" over something or other anyway.

This is a money grub, plain & simple.
    Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dare not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Justifiable lawsuit in my book. Few things in this world are private anymore, a hospital procedure had better be one of them! If we're supposed to just "get over it", than what's to stop anyone from doing as they please when someone is in a sedated and vulnerable position. There needs to be consequences for that in my opinion.
    welder516 and Christopher67 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt3 View Post
    If they did that to me, I'd be laughing my arse off. Posting it on Facebook was a little over-the-top, but I'm sure I'd get over it. "Emotional distress"??? Get over it and grow up. Anyone who's that fragile is going to go through life "emotionally distressed" over something or other anyway.

This is a money grub, plain & simple.
    In the olden days the victim would have just chosen the time and place, walked up to the offender and popped them in the nose or mouth and walked away.

In the medical field the very first rule is Do No Harm.

Before I edited my post here I had forgotten that rule. I've had some medical training in the past and semi recently but it's not something I practice everyday.
    Last edited by NONAME762; September 8th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

He/She should be sued, what else could have been done, while she could not defend herself. Respect, was not here for sure.
    When you in-trust a health care PROFESSINAL, This or anything else, that could be a real crime. I am sure anyone here would NOT be happy, especially
    If it was your wife mother or child. You would be fuming.

VIP Member
    The 12 year old boy in me finds this hilarious..........

The grown up side (if there is one) says that Doctors are supposed to be professional and should act professional.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    In the olden days the victim would have just chosen the time and place, walked up to the offender and popped them in the nose or mouth and walked away.
    I agree with you here buddy but unfortunately those days are long gone. I'm sticking with my original opinion because I dang sure wouldn't want my wife or kids photographed in a hospital without their consent and find it posted on a social media site. If that "punch in the mouth" equates to a " punch in the wallet" in today's world, then that's what needs to be done.
    atctimmy likes this.

Distinguished Member
    We have become the United States of the Offended. Some greedy people (lawyers included), have discovered an easy way to make money with frivolous lawsuits. Juries seem to most always favor the plaintiffs. It's a way of "sticking it to the man". This act was in poor taste, but no harm came to anyone. It was not done maliciously. Think about it.
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I work in the medical field and that was a gross abuse of HIPPA. Those "professionals" knew the rules and and broke them. A lawsuit is not out of line in this situation. I would say its a duty to proceed with a lawsuit else you embolden more shamefull, disrespectfull behavior.

California has laws on the book regarding HIPPA. Each of those involved are liabile for a 250,000 fine on top of civil action. There careers are over. Maybe they can practice medicine in Guatamala.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links