A man and his horse, his dog, his gun.

This is a discussion on A man and his horse, his dog, his gun. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOX News - Top Stories - Top Stories - Colorado man accused of drunken horseback ride - Page 1 of 1 If you need to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: A man and his horse, his dog, his gun.

A man and his horse, his dog, his gun.

FOX News - Top Stories - Top Stories - Colorado man accused of drunken horseback ride - Page 1 of 1

If you need to ride your horse 600 mi to get to your brother's wedding ' cuz you lost yer driver's license, you just might be a redneck!
    NONAME762 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I did not know that operating a horse drunk was a crime.
    MasterGadgets and oakchas like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    X2, though I'm good with the other disturbing the peace type crimes. It's probably a municipal law and not a state one.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    I wonder if they shoulda breathalyzed the horse too?
    OldVet likes this.

An employee of mine was arrested while in college for drunk horse back riding when he took his horse through his college campus at 3am once....

Out here you see drunken horse riding arrests every couple of months. Many believe if they are drunk and on horseback or a bicycle they cannot be arrested. I still remember one woman trying to convince the Deputies of this as they placed her in the back of the car.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Ok, time to publically fess up to crimes I've committed on the internets...

My Mom has a small horse farm at the edge of a suburban county (guess which one). It's about 400 yds from one of our lesser rivers. The neighbors on the river don't mind a bit if we cross their land. There is a honkytonk about 8 miles up the river and another mile off of it. There are trails up the river that are quite wide and maintained, and a trail leading (specifically) off of that to the bar, which has several hitching posts in front (as well as a parking lot for cars). You never cross a road or leave the woods the whole way. I used to (this is about ten years ago) ride up to the bar on nights when the house band (bluegrass/speedgrass) played, and would drink whisky. A few times I rode with friends, and a few times met friends there who drove. I don't ever get DRUNK in public, but I would be lying if I said that I would not have blown DWI. I probably did that about ten times in the summer over the course of five years, and in my defense I never saw another soul, who was not doing the same thing as me, on those trails at night. In light of this thread I was probably breaking the law, and I can understand why it would be illegal with people veering their horse into traffic and riding in suburban areas, but I'll maintain that there was nothing dangerous about this. I did it because I wanted to go and drink and listen to music, and this seemed the least irresponsible way to do it while also doing something else that I enjoyed. Yes, I'm rationalizing...
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Sister, tdave and NONAME762 like this.
    I never let schooling interfere with my education. Mark Twain

ah yes... but the horse has a brain and mind of it's own. It's not a machine. You're not driving the horse. The horse drives itself and you're just along for the ride
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Distinguished Member
    I had a friend that got a DUI on a horse at the hollering contest in Spivey's corner in NC, she attempted to go over the Coca-Cola truck with her horse (horse was fine). Same girl got a DUI on a golf cart. She finally got her mess together and is doing fine...and not drinking anymore.

Stuff happens, the family of that man has a story to tell the grandkids now. Didn't look like anybody got hurt, the animals didn't know he was drunk.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A friend? Yea, right...
    Sister likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Did anyone hear why he lost his drivers license?
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    A friend? Yea, right...
    Seriously, I don't have a horse and never did. They did get me back in the 70's when I was a kid with no license and snuck Deddy's car. Apparently I drove a nice policeman off the road into the ditch. I really didn't see him, and besides....I paid taxes for both sides of that road.

He should have waited for me to pass...right?! (btw, this was in Mint Hill, NC...I bet you know the area)
    NONAME762 likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

There have been a few instances of drunken driving on lawn mowers in my area, yes they are ticketed and hauled off to jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Did anyone hear why he lost his drivers license?
    I'll wager alcohol was involved in that outcome as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links