Never ever getting back together , never ever .

This is a discussion on Never ever getting back together , never ever . within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I went to Bass Pro shop at Arundel Mills MD. to pick up guns i had bought on 08-01-13 . After i filled out all ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Never ever getting back together , never ever .

VIP Member

Never ever getting back together , never ever .

I went to Bass Pro shop at Arundel Mills MD. to pick up guns i had bought on 08-01-13 . After i filled out all the forms to buy two guns ( PX4 storm - Ruger.380 LCP ) So today i am picking them up and filling out more forms and signing . About 30 minutes later the young-en behind the counter with the guns in a bag and i think he is going to hand them to me and i grab for them and he says "Oh No i will carry them for you " Well he said it is store policy to walk me to the door and when we get outside he will give them to me . I told him this is nonsense and he just kinda said nothing . After we got outside i told him he should just carry them to the car for me .

I wonder how many other places that sell guns have these stupid rules and regulations . I could have carryed in the store for company business but i cannot carry two guns wrapped up with two locks in each gun .
    OH well i'm never ever getting back together .
    357and40 and chandler4228 like this.
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

2. Remove Ads

Then I'd tell him it's my personal policy to exchange my money for immediate possession of my purchases, therefore I would pay him... outside as well.
    knight65 and Tzadik like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

the reason I don't shop for guns at Cabelas, Bass Pro, or Gander Mountain. I went through the same thing at both Bass and Gander....never again.

....its COMPANY POLICY!!!! I guess they are afaid you'll pop a loaded mag in the gun and hold up the store? You're right.....after showing them
    my Florida Concealed Weapons License, I should be good to go. If Florida trusts me with a firearm, Bass and Gander should show me that little smidgeon of
    R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Not to worry as they will NEVER receive another dollar for firearms purchases from me.
    RichB70 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Add Sports Academy to that list.

I bought two shotguns recently and was told it was an insurance requirement.
    USM1976 likes this.

VIP Member
    Really , I thought it was more to do with the state i am in ( Maryland ) I did not believe him about a national policy . I thought you guys have it better in the other states .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Had the same thing happen at Wal-Mart, he walked me out but I did not show him the loaded 1911 on my hip.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Here in SC, the Outdoor Warehouse has the same policy... you can CCW inside but they accompany you to the door if you purchase a firearm. I think it's the store trying to limit liability or appease some corporate lawyer and consider it a price of doing business with them...

It's like buying a new car & then having the keys later mailed to my house. Where does it stop?
    knight65 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I go to cabelas and bass pro to look at a variety of guns. I buy guns from my LGS.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    I went to the local gun shop early that morning and they don't put the guns out for two hours. So like my wife says i have money burning a hole in my pocket and had to buy that day .
    Member of the NRA
    1775 Thomas Paine

Its the lawyer types who have their fingers up your business. I don't do the big stores no more. My gun shop is a local with his shop in the back yard. He can get me anything I want, although I haven't ordered a bazooka yet.
    "Safety is something that happens between your ears, not something you hold in your hands." -- Jeff Cooper

I boought a gun in a Academy Sports store NE of Houston late last yeasr. After all the paper work an employee walked me out as well. Not a big deal to me considering I was wearing a 40 cal IWB at the time. Just a store policy, no big deal to me...

They did the same at Dick's about 2 years ago.I don't see what the big deal is.They wanna walk it outside ok.That doesn't bother me a bit.
    AK_Brian and pcnotpc like this.

When you buy a rifle at the Walmart here, they will walk you out of the store and hand you the gun out the front door. It's their policy and they have a right to have those rules. You got your gun didn't you? good luck
    AK_Brian likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Guns don't make decisions, people do.
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    They may do that at the Bassproshop in Myrtle Beach,i don't know.I do know the last time i went there,and looked over their guns and prices,they were really proud of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links