Putting up the flag

This is a discussion on Putting up the flag within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Whatever you believe in, you will like this. No matter where you came from or what your politics are, you need to look at this. ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 11 Post By msgt/ret
  • 3 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 2 Post By Betty

Thread: Putting up the flag

VIP Member

Putting up the flag

Whatever you believe in, you will like this. No matter where you came from or what your politics are, you need to look at this. It is really great!!!!

Click below

Putting Up the Flag http://puttinguptheflag.com/
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Amen! Thanks for the post.

Thanks I needed that.

Distinguished Member
    Very good, something to share. TY for sharing it with us
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

How TRUE and moving, especially since tomorrow is 9/11.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Please put it up again, again, again FOREVER. THANK YOU!

A video that just makes you smile.

VIP Member
    We really are blessed. It's easy to forget or take for granted as we go about our every day activities.

Thanks Msgt.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Very nice! As I like to say, the worst of America is far better than the best of the rest of the world. We gripe and complain, but we've got it so good if you really think about it.

And I'll take his dog.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Thanks, Top. I needed that.
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Distinguished Member
    MSGT Thank you for posting this. I have two one at the gravel driveway that can be seen from the road and one at the house only the wife and I see. 58,260 people will never get the chance to fly the flag so I do.

Respectfully,
    Bill

As I sit here on 9/11/2013 it being my 57th birthday, I really, really needed this.

I want to say that I dearly LOVE the American Flag (La Bandera de Los Estados Unidos for those who can't understand my English) It is not something to be worshiped, I do that at my Episcopal Church where because I am free to do just that, worship in the way I want. No other country under their banner can boldly proclaim that without fear.

Since I was just a small lad, the Flag has meant a lot, it inspires me and also reminds me that we have had sacrifice underneath its red and white stripes and its blue field filled with stars to represent all of the states in this great Union. My great grandmother when I was very young gave me a 48 star flag. This was in 1960 and because Alaska & Hawaii had been admitted to the Union to make 50 states, this flag would be something to cherish one day since there no longer were just 48 states.

On a clear, sunny day, the vivid colour of our flag is a breathtaking sight. I do not know why but it's design, the way it flows in the breeze simply does something that one cannot describe.

I have a friend who thinks that burning our flag in protest is acceptable. He says that it is a freedom of expression guaranteed to us. Yes, my friend it is, but they can only burn that flag because of what the flag represents, freedom. They are burning the very thing that flies over our Bill of Rights that allows such disgust. He thinks that it is just a piece of cloth that has more rights than people and that's why he believes it should be done. Whatever. I also told him that I have the right to protest the flag burning because the Bill of Rights that the flag flies over guarantees me such right. Trust me, I will protest flag burning with vigor.

I like the flag in all forms from the Revolutionary War with the 13 stripes and 13 stars in a circle to our modern one. As a kid, I had my mom to sew me a flag like the Revolutionary one and she did. I just love the flag and I can't help it.

So, today, on September 11th, I am taking the time to express my love of this unique symbol and...........

Here's to Old Glory and LONG may she wave!
    Betty, 9mmjoy and msgt/ret like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    This is a great video. Thanks for posting it.

this was awesome. . not much else to say than that...

GOD BLESS THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

VIP Member
    Because I can.

When my husband and I moved into our house five years ago, we really relished the freedom of having no HOA. Dad asked, "You want to put up a flag?" That was one of the first things he did when we moved to TN. He didn't even need to ask.

The paint was still wet on the walls when we set the concrete to hold the galvanized flagpole. I've got my 3x5 Betsy Ross flying on it, and today I added my 4x6 50-star off my front porch.
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Links