People are funny

This is a discussion on People are funny within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Chobani Greek yogurt has been in the news for the last week or so. Apparently, there was some mold contamination in some of the product ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By Gene83
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 3 Post By WHEC724
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Gene83
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: People are funny

People are funny

Chobani Greek yogurt has been in the news for the last week or so. Apparently, there was some mold contamination in some of the product and they issued a voluntary recall.

Today I saw where the FDA has received reports of at least 89 people being sickened by the product.

It reminds me of the story several years ago of an empty city bus that was involved in an accident as it headed back to the garage. By the time emergency crews arrived at the site of the crash, two dozen people had jumped on board and were complaining of various neck and back injuries.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    And I thought yogurt was supposed to be moldy.
    lionround likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    Chobani Greek yogurt has been in the news for the last week or so. Apparently, there was some mold contamination in some of the product and they issued a voluntary recall.

Today I saw where the FDA has received reports of at least 89 people being sickened by the product.

It reminds me of the story several years ago of an empty city bus that was involved in an accident as it headed back to the garage. By the time emergency crews arrived at the site of the crash, two dozen people had jumped on board and were complaining of various neck and back injuries.
    In today’s society that does not surprise me at all.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    I was at a toll booth one time, behind a guy that was so high, he was wadding up a dollar bill and throwing it into the change bin, and not understanding why the gate wouldn't go up.

I had just bought an engagement ring for Mrs. Whec, and was in a hurry to get home, so I got out of my car to throw 50 cents in for the idiot - except that I left my car in drive! So, I bump him with no damage to either vehicle, and he starts to go on his way, when the jerk started holding his neck (with a smile on his face) saying "Oh my neck is killing me".

I shoved a 20 dollar bill in his hand and told him to get lost, and he happily did.

Funny, pathetic, whatever.
    msgt/ret, B_2keys and Jeanlouise like this.

VIP Member
    When I open up a cup of yogurt and see mold growing on the top, I don't eat it. Is that so hard?
    msgt/ret and pittypat21 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    When I open up a cup of yogurt and see mold growing on the top, I don't eat it. Is that so hard?
    I'm constantly amazed at the things that folks find "hard" these days.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I was at a toll booth one time, behind a guy that was so high, he was wadding up a dollar bill and throwing it into the change bin, and not understanding why the gate wouldn't go up.

I had just bought an engagement ring for Mrs. Whec, and was in a hurry to get home, so I got out of my car to throw 50 cents in for the idiot - except that I left my car in drive! So, I bump him with no damage to either vehicle, and he starts to go on his way, when the jerk started holding his neck (with a smile on his face) saying "Oh my neck is killing me".

I shoved a 20 dollar bill in his hand and told him to get lost, and he happily did.

Funny, pathetic, whatever.
    For $10 a shot, you can bump my truck all day long. It's in Islamorada. Call it a fund raiser to support the Beach Party.
    WHEC724 likes this.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    JL, I would have never thought of that. Thank you. You may have just saved my life or at least a long wait in the ER.

I am going to nominate you for the Nobel Prize. (Comments forthcoming about Obama getting his.)
    I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    If you mean " Funny" as in "Stupid" i will agree
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Are you sure that was mold? I thought I had just gotten the new mushroom flavored yogurt.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    JL, I would have never thought of that. Thank you. You may have just saved my life or at least a long wait in the ER.

I am going to nominate you for the Nobel Prize. (Comments forthcoming about Obama getting his.)
    Thank you lion, I feel honored.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

VIP Member
    Sure, show him your thanks by giving him half the $Mil that comes with it!

If they ever condemn Sweet Frog Yogurt I'm really gonna get upset, I love that yogurt.
    A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.
    ― Edward R. Murrow

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Sure, show him your thanks by giving him half the $Mil that comes with it!
    I'm not that thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    If they ever condemn Sweet Frog Yogurt I'm really gonna get upset, I love that yogurt.
    I'm on my third punch card at Sweet Frog!

Links