Letter That A Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress

This is a discussion on Letter That A Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dear Senator: I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army, who died of ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 10 Post By SatCong
  • 2 Post By msgt/ret
  • 1 Post By Sister

Thread: Letter That A Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress

Letter That A Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress

Dear Senator:

I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army, who died of combat related stresses shortly after his retirement. It was he who instilled in me those virtues he felt important honesty, duty, patriotism and obeying the laws of God and of our various governments. I have served my country, paid my taxes, worked hard, volunteered and donated my fair share of money, time and artifacts.

Today, as I approach my 79th birthday, I am heart-broken when I look at my country and my government. I shall only point out a very few things abysmally wrong which you can multiply by a thousand fold. I have calculated that all the money I have paid in income taxes my entire life cannot even keep the Senate barbershop open for one year! Only Heaven and a few tight-lipped actuarial types know what the Senate dining room costs the taxpayers. So please, enjoy your haircuts and meals on us.
    Awesome Letter That A Dying Military Veteran Sent To His Representatives In Congress |
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Excellent read, thanks for posting.
    IndianaSig and Christopher67 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Thank you, I will copy it and send it for this fine Veteran that served our country. I have a feeling that he will be in a much better place one day, more than can be said for a lot of the criminals some in this country voted for that will not be able to get in unless they mend their ways according to the book I read.
    Christopher67 likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Thank you for sharing that.

VIP Member
    Very good letter and so true.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I hope they all pay dearly for their actions, and I hope I'm around to see it.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Great letter and reaffirms my sig line...

The Colorado recall has given me a glimmer of hope. A glimmer. But because of it, I changed my sig line.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Verification? I'm always leery of supposed letters and incidents that circulate the internet via questionable sites and souces.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Verification? I'm always leery of supposed letters and incidents that circulate the internet via questionable sites and souces.
    Snopes says it's legit... But you're right I always question internet souses, too.

Here's the snopes link: snopes.com: Letter from Bill Schoonover
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Links