The rain here in CO is ridiculous.

This is a discussion on The rain here in CO is ridiculous. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We've literally had 10 inches of rain in the last 3 days and it's still goin! I'm watching Boulder get the cleansing of a lifetime! ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: The rain here in CO is ridiculous.

We've literally had 10 inches of rain in the last 3 days and it's still goin! I'm watching Boulder get the cleansing of a lifetime! My phone has had at least 10 flash flood alerts and I've seen numerous pictures of the outrageous amounts of rain. Makes me want to repack my BOB since I live 10 feet from a lake that could overflow.

Now excuse me, I have to go finish building my ark.
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

Oops, double post.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

We sure could use some of that wet stuff here in the south east.
    Sister likes this.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

You can have it! I bought a new bike the week before all of this and now it's just a decoration in the driveway!
    The best way to stop incoming fire is accurate outgoing fire.

Sadly, mines been a decoration for the majority of this summer.

VIP Member
    Sorry to hear about all that rain. I hope you don't have to evacuate. What a mess.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    We got rain here last night for the first time in about 3 weeks.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    With all the fires burning the ground cover, flooding and mudslides could be expected. Hopefully you'll get a break quickly. After several "dry" rainy seasons here in S. FL, this years rain are welcome. The yard is actually green grass instead of yellow weeds.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    You'd think someone with the name ScubaSteve would like the water?

We were that way for most of the year and then almost nothing for the past three weeks.
    Sister likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I wish we had that, our 3 acre pond is down about 2 feet and still going!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Just saw Colorado's Governor on TV asking people in other states to send money for flood relief. Maybe if he hadn't run off the gun manufacturers he would have a bigger tax base and not be quite so short of cash.
    Sister and StormRhydr like this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    The amount of rain we are getting has reached the absurd. It just doesn't want to stop.

@tdave, what exactly does disaster relief and the gun bills have to do with each other? Also what gun companies have left Colorado? And it looks like Colorado will have a $200 million surplus this year.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    The amount of rain we are getting has reached the absurd. It just doesn't want to stop.

@tdave, what exactly does disaster relief and the gun bills have to do with each other? Also what gun companies have left Colorado? And it looks like Colorado will have a $200 million surplus this year.
    I'm assuming he was being more tongue in cheek than anything. MagPul Ind left CO, so I'm assuming that's who he meant.

Also, that $200 mill surplus is probably actually just 200 mill gallons of extra water now.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post

A bit tongue in cheek however in addition to Magpul Hi viz sights and others have announced their leaving also. The philosophical difference is gun owners tend to be more self reliant, gun grabbers tend to be more reliant on handouts whether from government or simply requesting charity. Haven't heard any reports of looting yet and I hope you folks would be spared that, but it would be interesting to some and predictable to others how your current Gov would respond.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I'm assuming he was being more tongue in cheek than anything. MagPul Ind left CO, so I'm assuming that's who he meant.
    Not sure where you got the idea that MagPul left Colorado. They are still based in Boulder, Colorado and they are not moving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links