Anti-gunners having fits: NC

This is a discussion on Anti-gunners having fits: NC within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Lucama school's rifle raffle causes stir Lucama, N.C. To raise money for class field trips, a Wilson County school plans to raffle off a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 3 Post By tdave

Thread: Anti-gunners having fits: NC

VIP Member

Anti-gunners having fits: NC

Lucama school's rifle raffle causes stir

Lucama, N.C. To raise money for class field trips, a Wilson County school plans to raffle off a rifle during its school carnival next month.

A member of the local chapter of hunting organization Delta Waterfowl donated a muzzle-loading rifle to Lucama Elementary School for its Sept. 14 Fun Fest.

Principal John Joyner obtained approval from Wilson County Schools Superintendent Sean Bulson to raffle off the gun, as long as students weren't connected with it in any way.

"It's an unusual fundraiser kind of an unusual request but at no time will this weapon be on campus," school district spokeswoman Amber Whitley said, noting that students also won't be allowed to buy or sell any tickets to the raffle.

Joyner couldn't be reached for comment Thursday.

Lucama school's rifle raffle causes stir :: WRAL.com

Lucama is not far from me and had I known about this earlier I would have bought some tickets.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    A girls softball team here in OR did the same a while back. Many conniptions were had that day.

Assault rifle raffle as fundraiser for St. Helens girls softball league strikes nerve

Id lots rather buy a ticket on a good rifle, than I had buy more of the normal b.s. they go around peddling.
    technomonster likes this.

At least the school isn't Tossing youngsters out-on-the-street for eating their "POP-TARTS" into an 'almost', 'sort-of', gun shape or wearing mom's NRA T-shirt.

Remember the little kid who got BOOTED, for this?: finger gun.jpg

Good on the school for not going overly 'stupid' on the issue.

Kids seeing legal firearms involved in an act of charity and a capitalistic transaction for the benefit of children. The horror the horror!

Interest in the rifle is boosting the potential haul for Lucama Elementary from the raffle. Williams said 20 $5 raffle tickets were printed up initially, but at least 300 more are being printed to meet demand.
    That's great! I wish them nothing but good things. Let the conniptions commence.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Those NC folks having their royal conniption fits should all just move to California or New York City where they'd be welcomed I'm sure.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

... with open arms.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Links