"For Sale Stolen Gun"

"For Sale Stolen Gun"

This is a discussion on "For Sale Stolen Gun" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That's an attention grabber. On a local forum I frequent a member has posted, in a sale sub-forum, pictures of gun of his that was ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By PEF

Thread: "For Sale Stolen Gun"

VIP Member

"For Sale Stolen Gun"

That's an attention grabber. On a local forum I frequent a member has posted, in a sale sub-forum, pictures of gun of his that was stolen. A BOLO, if you will. The ad/notice reads:

A few nights ago had somebody break in to my truck and stole a gun. im in bartow county. It was a older s&w 38sp nickel plated. If you see it for sell let me know. the serial number is 15044

I don't mind "truck guns" but this is just a reminder that guns should be secured in your home if at all possible. Maybe the guy had a lock box in his truck, I don't know. I have found lock boxes to be of minimum utility, and easily defeated by a motivated thief with simple tools. There are times when we need to store the gun in the car; but when you are home, I don't see why it is too much trouble to bring it in and lock it up....
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

True enuf PEF true enuf
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

I see no reason to leave a gun in a vehicle overnight while at home. I do hope this gentlemen is able to recover his property though.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    I agree. I have a cable safe in my car. I use it when I'm going into no carry areas...sometimes. It would stop a smash and grab, but not someone with bolt cutters.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Sponsored Links