Climate Change Nuts Hate Dealing With Something as Irrelevant as Facts

This is a discussion on Climate Change Nuts Hate Dealing With Something as Irrelevant as Facts within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Earth Gains A Record Amount Of Sea Ice In 2013 ? ?Earth has gained 19,000 Manhattans of sea ice since this date last year, the ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Climate Change Nuts Hate Dealing With Something as Irrelevant as Facts

Climate Change Nuts Hate Dealing With Something as Irrelevant as Facts

Earth Gains A Record Amount Of Sea Ice In 2013 ? ?Earth has gained 19,000 Manhattans of sea ice since this date last year, the largest increase on record? | Climate Depot

Pesky things, facts. Statistically significant ones....the kind that know no allegiance to a cause. Climate Change scammers are all about power, political control, and super ego. Facts just keep getting in the way, so they work with their liberal media cronies to make sure the masses never see them. Well, except when someone posts them on the Internet....

We couldn't change the climate of this planet if we tried, folks. We literally couldn't do it. We haven't the ability. Don't be scammed.....
    357and40 and warbirds like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It's a religion to these people at this point....

Talk to a waterfowl hunter about climate change..

I do, nearly every day... Is it man made? Nope... is it "global warming?" Nope... Has it changed? oh yes.

Quite possibly cyclical, seems plausible. Likely natural... But it certainly has changed... in my lifetime...

But WE ain't changing it... we might be contributing to some infinitesimal degree..
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Yes, the climate is changing, that is a simple fact. The climate is always changing. That article is confusing "weather" with climate, they are not the same thing. A single year of good sea ice is not proof that global warming is not happening. NASA has been taking some pretty good readings and global warming is taking place. The only question if how much of that warming, if any, is caused by humans.

Before people think the world is just to big for us to effect it should know that about 9 years ago humans starting moving more earth (soil, rocks, etc.) than the earth does.

We can effect the earth, but there is a lot more to learn to figure would what effect we are causing on the earth.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Haven't they seen the movie "Ice Age"?

Hey, it's as much a documentary as Al Gore's piece.
    40Bob, msgt/ret, Mardet65 and 3 others like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Haven't they seen the movie "Ice Age"?

Hey, it's as much a documentary as Al Gore's piece.
    Yup, all of them and probably hundreds of times. Now that I know the lines word for word, my son has switched to a new favorite.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    It's only mother earth in menopause having hot flashes, give her some horse pee.
    msgt/ret, 357and40 and Hodad like this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

VIP Member
    You don't fool with Mother Nature.

NOT NICE TO FOOL MOTHER NATURE COMMERCIAL - YouTube
    Sister likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    Oh my goodness, msgt/ret's video lead to this one.

Bet'cha can't watch it without laughing. I busted.

Electric Company-the "lick-a-lolly" song - YouTube
    msgt/ret likes this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Here are the four points I have to be satisfied on before I'd ever agree to legislation to address carbon emissions:
    1. Is the planet warming? It seems so, but at a rate far less than predicted by so-called scientists.
    2. Is the warming caused by human activity? No one knows. The models apparently assume carbon dioxide levels will have a much larger impact than they actually do. Otherwise, they'd probably be accurate.
    3. Is warming a bad thing? Everyone talks about flooding, nobody talks about longer growing seasons and more food.
    4. Can action by the US impact anything? The answer to this one is certainly no. Developing economies, especially China and India, simply can't afford green. They're going to keep churning out CO2, and there's nothing we can do to stop them, short of depopulating them - and I'd like to meet the man so certain of this computer-generated "science" that he'd advocate such a course of action.

Of course, the real motive here is government control, so "1 - yes 2 - probably okay let's ban stuff" is the way it's going. I can't wait to see what happens when the ill-informed go to the store looking for incandescent light bulbs and find out they can't get them ever again.
    Sister and msgt/ret like this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member
    Claims of man made climate change has more to do with economics than science. Everyone from the EPA to Solyndra (and other green energy companies)to Al Gore have their hands in the pockets of Americans and benefiting from this controversy.

Eventually alternative energy will become a reality, but it may take 50-100 years to develop the technology. In the meantime, we have to live. Our economy has to prosper in order for us to be able to work on developing the new technology. The way to do this is to open up ALL avenues of energy. That's natural gas, coal, bio fuel, oil, solar and wind. Can you imagine the way the economy would take off if energy production wasn't being suppressed?

The old saying, "a rising tide floats all boats" is very true!

Given the regulations we already have on clean air and water, I think we're doing pretty darn good as it is. But, we're lagging behind other countries now. China is exploding with growth and buying up our debt (not to mention actual land) at a huge rate.
    If that keeps up they could own us and never have to fire a single shot.

If anyone thinks China would be a good steward of the environment, just take a look at Shanghai. We don't want to be China.

So, if alternative energies ever have a prayer of moving forward at a rapid rate, the economy has to get better and we have to use fossil fuels in the meantime.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    We couldn't change the climate of this planet if we tried, folks. We literally couldn't do it. We haven't the ability. Don't be scammed.....
    Well, I completely disagree with this. I think that 'humanity' (if it intended to) is powerful enough to alter the climate. I also think (that because of progress) we'll eventually be powerful enough to accidentally do it as well. This then leads to a question: IF humanity is altering the climate, how would you find out?

This is actually a really important libertarian conundrum, because it's an obvious 'no no' to foist pollution onto others. The question is a good one. It's not like the theory of climate change is stupid. So, how would you figure out ahead of time if humanity was altering the climate?
    Mental illness incidents are used to threaten gun rights.
    The March of Dimes headed off the Universal Iron Lung coverage debate, just sayin'.
    Alternately, for those with a toolshed and ideas.

"There ain't no such thing as climate change!"

Brought to you from the 70-90 year old generation who grew up thinking there was nothing wrong dumping toxic waste from factories into rivers.
    wdbailey likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The biggest problem we face in combating the climate change nuts aren't the nuts themselves but, rather, the uneducated who have this crap pounded into their heads from birth and then grow up believing it's actually true (and they vote accordingly.) suntzu gives you an example above. The constant bombardment of propaganda kids face today is the thing that will kill us eventually. They grow into adults who haven't a clue.
    maxwell97 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links