Android Bible App?

This is a discussion on Android Bible App? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Can anyone post a link to where I can download a Bible App that DOES NOT require internet connection? King James preferred. I hardly ever ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Android Bible App?

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Android Bible App?

Can anyone post a link to where I can download a Bible App that DOES NOT require internet connection?
    King James preferred.

I hardly ever use my phone for anything requiring internet unless home or other place with Wi-Fi (Well, that's what I thought anyway) then I get a text that I'm fixin to run over my allotted data plan. I didn't realize that each time I was checking my Bible App it was using data time if I wasn't in Wi-Fi area.

Thanks in advance.
    CanuckQue likes this.
    For God, Family and Country!

2. Remove Ads

ArmyCop likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I have used the youversion bible app on blackberry and apple products. I bet they have one for android as well. On the apple ap, you can pick versions of the bible to download so that you can use them when you don't have internet access. I have the ESV version downloaded.

Edit: Yep. they have an android version
    https://www.bible.com/app
    ArmyCop and DJC7 like this.

I'm fond of the BibleGateway app. You can download several translations. BibleGateway Mobile App
    ArmyCop likes this.

Didn't realize this was for an Android.
    ArmyCop likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

My favorite Bible website is blueletterbible, because it has the various translations and a super-awesome concordance that can really help clarify a word.
    Do any of these apps have a usable concordance interface?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

The "Bible Study" app by Olive Tree actually copies the Bible text onto your device so you don't need internet access to use it. I've used this software for many years on several different kinds of devices (currently Android; previously iPhone, Windows Mobile, and Palm Pilot). Olive Tree has all the translations plus lots of other good ebooks. I think it comes standard with KJV. Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ader.olivetree
    ArmyCop and blitzburgh like this.

ArmyCop likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    My favorite Bible website is blueletterbible, because it has the various translations and a super-awesome concordance that can really help clarify a word.
    Do any of these apps have a usable concordance interface?
    BibleGateway has thirty translations, four commentaries, and three dictionaries included.
    ArmyCop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    BibleGateway has thirty translations, four commentaries, and three dictionaries included.
    Can you use it without an internet connection?
    ArmyCop likes this.

I use the Glo Bible. I like it. Mine has KJV and NIV translations. I'm on apple, so not sure if they have it for android. I use it on my phone and ipad. Some parts require internet connection. But reading the Word does not require connection. Just the extra stuff.

Also, if you have a reader on your phone for books there are several free versions out there.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by BeefyG View Post
    I like the way the Concordance is organised! I make no apologies. You're not one of those Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915 Christians, are you?
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member
    Anybody heard of the Geneva Bible? I was watching Kirk Cameron on TBN and he was talking about it, said it was the one before the kjv (what I've used my life) and I'm interested in hearing about it and also thinking of getting it. Seems it has a lot of good side notes and things that King James didn't want others to see?!

I don't have those app things and my phone is a stupid phone, am thinking of getting the book.
    CanuckQue likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

KJV Bible. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...timie.bibleapp No frills. Just the King James Version Bible, verse finder, bookmarking tool, and random verse finder.

I got this one because 1) it's free, and 2) it doesn't require your phone's permissions, Internet access, and firstborn. Also, check out the permissions manager. You can use it to disable Internet permissions if you have another Bible app you'd prefer. [Disclaimer: some apps won't start without certain permissions.]
    You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. --Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. --Albert Einstein
    You taught us to imagine, and we imagined your irrelevance! --Dalek Caan

Do they offer the Torah? Shalom!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links