anyone else here 3 shift workers?

This is a discussion on anyone else here 3 shift workers? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just started working over nights again and for some reason I just can't seem to get a straight schedual down. The last time I worked ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: anyone else here 3 shift workers?

anyone else here 3 shift workers?

Just started working over nights again and for some reason I just can't seem to get a straight schedual down. The last time I worked 3 shift I went to a second job immediately after and didn't have kids.

2. Remove Ads

Kids age you.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    My wife used melatonin to get used to the new sleep schedule back when she worked 3rd.

It's really hard when you have family on a 1st shift life and you are on 3rd.

VIP Member
    I worked 11p-7a for years. Then they went to 7p-7a shifts. I never had any trouble falling asleep in the mornings when I got home. Try to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep if you can.White noise is good because it blocks out other noises that might wake you up. I had a box fan in my room that was perfect. Make sure you drink lots of water on the job to stay hydrated. What specifically are you having problems with?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    The longer I worked third, the worse it became. At about six months, I took a pay cut to bid a different job on days. It got to the point where I simply could not sleep more than an hour or so at a time.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    Kids age you.
    And age will kid you.
    heffy4822 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I thought 11-7 was a rough shift then I did over the road driving for a few years and that makes a nice regular schedule like 11-7 seem like a dream. Anyways, good diet lots of fluids or you will be surprised how your gastro system goes out of wack. Now your eating breakfast at dinner time and lunch at 3 in the morning and now it's your two days off and your trying to be on the same schedule as the family for meals.

Links