Feinstein: Background check law could have prevented Navy Yard shooting

This is a discussion on Feinstein: Background check law could have prevented Navy Yard shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/09/17/feinstein-background-check-law-could-have-prevented-navy-yard-shooting/#ixzz2fBTdMbFD" target="_blank">Feinstein: Background check law coul...#ixzz2fBTdMbFD Excuse me Ma'am. I might not be as smart as you. I am just a lowly citizen, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Feinstein: Background check law could have prevented Navy Yard shooting

Feinstein: Background check law coul...#ixzz2fBTdMbFD

Excuse me Ma'am. I might not be as smart as you. I am just a lowly citizen, not an elite congress person....... BUT.......If the PERP had clearance to get on the NAVY YARD..... How would a background check from a gun sales been any different. The DOD had already "SUPPOSEDLY" checked him out... BUT , what do i know, anyway ?

Just a side note here. Not too long ago I was a Chemical Transport (18 Wheeler) Driver going in and out of a High Risk chemical plant on the Houston Ship Channel. I had to go through a background check in order to get a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It was a two step interview and took about 21-30 days to get the approval (or denial). The BC was administered by Martin Marietta Corp. And the Govt arm overseeing that was the USCG.

Thats nonsense. The guy DID go thru a background check to buy his shotgun.
    rigel42, CIBMike and Tzadik like this.

Anyone could borrow a shotgun.

It was 'Gun-Control' that kept the Naval Military Base a 'Gun-Free-Zone' .... Now 12 innocent people are dead BECAUSE of GUN CONTROL.

Feinstein is a 'Bag of Very Stupid Wind' and doesn't care how many good citizens get killed.

A Gun-Free Base in a Gun-Free City ? and she wants to add to our 22350+ gun-control laws?

VIP Member
    The shooter had never been CONVICTED of anything so he would not have shown on a background check of course that is just a minor detail to be ignored by Her Eminence.
    BugDude, CIBMike and GunGeezer like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Just goes to show you just how under-educated these politicians really are. And the people who vote them into office are even more so!

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Probably going to call for VA mental health records to be shared to NICS, thereby further discouraging veterans from seeking care. As if the career halting consequences while they are in the service aren't enough.
    CIBMike likes this.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    the link does not work for me.

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (feinstein) isn't associated with any program."
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by technomonster View Post
    the link does not work for me.

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (feinstein) isn't associated with any program."
    Link did not work for me either, found story here. Extreme caution advised, picture of fienstien at top of page.

Feinstein: Background check could have prevented Navy Yard | The Daily Caller
    McTufferton and Jeanlouise like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    Anyone could borrow a shotgun.

It was 'Gun-Control' that kept the Naval Military Base a 'Gun-Free-Zone' .... Now 12 innocent people are dead BECAUSE of GUN CONTROL.

Feinstein is a 'Bag of Very Stupid Wind' and doesn't care how many good citizens get killed.

A Gun-Free Base in a Gun-Free City ? and she wants to add to our 22350+ gun-control laws?
    Wrong! She is a very stupid bag of wind. Please do not denigrate the wind like that.
    CIBMike and knight65 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Extreme caution advised, picture of fienstien at top of page.

Feinstein: Background check could have prevented Navy Yard | The Daily Caller
    Whew, good thing you warned people about that picture. Remember the backlash when I posted the picture of Geraldo.
    msgt/ret and CIBMike like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Is it really so hard for her to think before she speaks ?
    The easy way is always mined.

He had a background check done twice. Once for the shotgun, once for the security clearance. How could more background checks have stopped it?
    CIBMike and Tzadik like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    Extreme caution advised, picture of fienstien at top of page.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Whew, good thing you warned people about that picture. Remember the backlash when I posted the picture of Geraldo.
    Some things are just . . . unforgettable or unforgivable.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The shooter had never been CONVICTED of anything so he would not have shown on a background check of course that is just a minor detail to be ignored by Her Eminence.
    This is a Criminal Control problem. Arrested twice, never charged. The crime rate in this country is actually higher than reported because too many agencies have a vested interest in showing improvement...so they don't charge or don't prosecute in order to reflect a lower crime rate.

Also, when he took the pistol and rifle off of people inside the complex, a background check would not have stopped that. I'm beginning to think every time she watched the Olympics and they fire a starter's pistol she will scream for gun control.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links