Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

This is a discussion on Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just finished watching 3 movies back to back that I'd never heard of until I got on the Hulu movie site. All war movies. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By maxwell97

Thread: Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

Cool Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

I just finished watching 3 movies back to back that I'd never heard of until I got on the Hulu movie site. All war movies. The first 2 were Memorial Day and Captive. The oldest movie was made in 2005.
    For someone like me whose eyesight ain't what it used to be it's really neat to watch a movie where the focus is so distinct and crisp.

Of the three the last movie I saw was the best. Title was Of Saint's and Soldiers. Made by Medal Of Honor Films I felt compelled to watch it just because the MOH is the highest award a Service member can receive in combat.

So anyone seen a movie lately that either struck a nerve inside you or for whatever reason it might have had a profound effect on you?
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

2. Remove Ads

Last one I saw that had me laughing my tail off was REDS2. I needed the laugh and seeing the old folks wump on the younkers was a refreshing break.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Red and Red 2 were great.
    tdave likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I saw "End of Watch" not too long ago, and that one stuck with me. About two LEO's on patrol in gang areas of Los Angeles, so, pretty much a war movie. I'd definitely recommend it, but only for those with a strong stomach.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Saw the world's end recently, it was damn funny.

Distinguished Member
    Just saw a film the other day called Day of the Falcon.

It's about tribal tensions and wars during the initial exploitation of the Arab oil supply. Modernization and Westernization vs. conservatism and traditionalism.

For a movie I'd never heard of, it was really good.

Links