Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

This is a discussion on Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just finished watching 3 movies back to back that I'd never heard of until I got on the Hulu movie site. All war movies. ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

Cool Movies You've Seen Recently and Why You Liked Them?

I just finished watching 3 movies back to back that I'd never heard of until I got on the Hulu movie site. All war movies. The first 2 were Memorial Day and Captive. The oldest movie was made in 2005.
    For someone like me whose eyesight ain't what it used to be it's really neat to watch a movie where the focus is so distinct and crisp.

Of the three the last movie I saw was the best. Title was Of Saint's and Soldiers. Made by Medal Of Honor Films I felt compelled to watch it just because the MOH is the highest award a Service member can receive in combat.

So anyone seen a movie lately that either struck a nerve inside you or for whatever reason it might have had a profound effect on you?
    patri0t likes this.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!! Sent via Hemp string and C Rat cans
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Last one I saw that had me laughing my tail off was REDS2. I needed the laugh and seeing the old folks wump on the younkers was a refreshing break.

Red and Red 2 were great.
    tdave and LimaCharlie like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I saw "End of Watch" not too long ago, and that one stuck with me. About two LEO's on patrol in gang areas of Los Angeles, so, pretty much a war movie. I'd definitely recommend it, but only for those with a strong stomach.
    "...there is no arguing with such snivelling puppies, who allow superiors to kick them about deck at pleasure."

– Captain Bellamy

Saw the world's end recently, it was damn funny.

Distinguished Member Array Xader's Avatar
    Just saw a film the other day called Day of the Falcon.

It's about tribal tensions and wars during the initial exploitation of the Arab oil supply. Modernization and Westernization vs. conservatism and traditionalism.

For a movie I'd never heard of, it was really good.

For the last 90 minutes I've been watching Strategic Air Command (1955) with Jimmy Stewart and Harry Morgan. It's on the ME TV Movie Channel. B 36 and B47 bombers are featured. I finger OV and MSgt/Ret would get a kick out of this.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Distinguished Member Array CWOUSCG's Avatar
    Last one was American Sniper.
    grouse likes this.

"If someone gets into your house which would you rather have, a handgun or a phone? You can call the police if you want, and they’ll get there; and they’ll take a picture of your dead body."

Black Rifles Matter

VIP Member
    I saw Spy over the weekend. Very funny movie - worth seeing.
    grouse and KyBill like this.
    "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Distinguished Member Array patri0t's Avatar
    I saw Strategic Air Command & American Sniper, two great movies of their time.
    Considering the source of the recommendations, I will look for the rest on Netflix as I tossed Cable TV a few years ago... got tired of all the 'Liberal Everything'. Tossed HULU+ for the same reason + they show commercials, which I cannot sit through.

I am going to watch this thread for more movies/shows to watch (I never watched much TV or Movies until the last few years).
    Are there any other good sources like Netflix?? I'd even be willing to pay another $7.99/mo if it were decent.
    Retired Deputy- State Trooper (38 long years) 8 yrs RTO - MS Degree- Criminology
    Gun Control measures are Unconstitutional Infringements. Period.
    "...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

I can't say for Netflix patri0t. Mostly I watch YT. Hulu is a rarity for me.

Sometimes I get lucky.

Kung Fury and Zombies of the Stratosphere
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The wife & I saw SPY on Saturday, it was really funny! On Sunday we watched San Andreas (2D) and I must say I was quite surprised! Good flick! It may well be worth seeing in 3D but at it very least it should be viewed on the big screen.
    Patti likes this.

VIP Member
    Last flick I saw was Spy and it hilarious! Best thing most of the cast have been in for years. Melissa McCarthy was fantastic in it and Jason Statham stole a few scenes. San Andreas was silly but a lot of fun. What can I say- I like the rock and there are some pretty women, too.
    grouse and maxwell97 like this.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by patri0t View Post
    I saw Strategic Air Command & American Sniper, two great movies of their time.
    Considering the source of the recommendations, I will look for the rest on Netflix as I tossed Cable TV a few years ago... got tired of all the 'Liberal Everything'. Tossed HULU+ for the same reason + they show commercials, which I cannot sit through.

I am going to watch this thread for more movies/shows to watch (I never watched much TV or Movies until the last few years).
    Are there any other good sources like Netflix?? I'd even be willing to pay another $7.99/mo if it were decent.
    Amazon prime, $100 a year and you get free 2 day shipping on most Amazon purchases. It's like Netflix but you get the shipping deal which I use a lot to support 2a causes.

Just watched Prometheus, Meh! Good graphics but another Alien story line.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links