Another Side of Miley Cyrus - Very Interesting! :

This is a discussion on Another Side of Miley Cyrus - Very Interesting! : within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Did you know Miley Cyrus is one of the top minds in Small-Particle Physics at Oxford University when not performing and holds the Loranzo Chair ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Another Side of Miley Cyrus - Very Interesting! :

Did you know Miley Cyrus is one of the top minds in Small-Particle Physics at Oxford University when not performing and holds the Loranzo Chair of Professor in Physics currently?

OK, that was a joke, Miley is not one of the top minds in Small-Particle Physics.

However, though I disagree with her noted recent performance for not alerting parents with children about the content of it, Miley turns out to be in the top 5 of Charitable Donors and Charitable Workers of all the Big stars. She is especially generous to an organization in Haiti for homeless children, giving them a million from her concert earnings a few years back and going there several times to work with the kids.
    This was not a "Star-Trip". She went as just a person without make-up or her usual dress or 10 million photographers.

As an example to others her age, she donated her hair-bun to an organization for women with cancer, loss of hair a known effect of chemotherapy.

There are many other examples. Not bad for a 20 yr old super-star! And I don't think this is a press gimmick, from her last concert Miley doesn't seem to have a keen interest in appearing wholesome and she hardly needs to worry about her popularity.

After reading such things I began to form a different picture of this "starlet". Instead of believing in this overly-sexed and "hot" persona and taking herself seriously in the role, she knows full well it is ridiculous and is "sending up" that whole style by over-doing it to the point of absurdity. She's laughing at herself and us all the way to the Bank, for we discuss and chatter about Miley like we do Syria and give her some social import she could care less about. In short, the whole Public Personality is an Act that she makes a fortune out of.

Most who give much in funds and actual involvement to charitable work do not take seriously "tonguing" in public and banging their pelvis all over a stage - especially if they're 20 - that charitable work usually shows an uncommon and mature sensitivity in one so young.
    So, that's my way of explaining this "other side" of Miley Cyrus.

Right? Wrong? Who knows?
    Last edited by detective; September 20th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.

Put her, Lindsey Lohan, and Paris Hilton in a row, it is so charitable it is like Chrsitmas... HO HO HO
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    It's commendable that she gives to charity and helps other organizations, I hope she continues to do that.

I also hope that she understands that she is contributing to the degradation of women, and young girls are paying attention to that very visible persona.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    We have all heard the expression "blood money" so can Miley's charitable contributions be characterized as "twerk money"?
    msgt/ret and WHEC724 like this.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

You got right or wrong,and who knows?You left out who cares?

VIP Member
    I hope she gets run over by a bus.....OK maybe not, but I wish she would just go away.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Who? Seriously, I had no idea who she was prior to all the twerk-media.

I dont believe these so called "famous" people deserve the accolades they get. To me they are just circus monkeys there for the amusement of the audience. To know that the true heroes of this country dont get the respect and wealth they deserve for what they do for us everyday and that these "stars" are looked up to by the younger generation as idols sickens me. Sadly enough the growing popularity of these wannabes is contributing to the overall dumbing down of our future and that is a future that frightens me. Where all you need to do is make a sex tape with a two bit star and you too could have your own reality show. Where if your 16 and pregnant juat send uour application in to MTV they will make you a star. I am truly worried about the future of this country if that's what it has come to.
    WHEC724 and Jeanlouise like this.

I totally approve of people using their own money to try to make the world a better place. I think those in the public eye have a responsibility to be a better influence.
    Now, this is something that cannot be measured easily. A dollar given wisely has tremendous benefit. Like smallpox is gone. Polio is nearly gone. We've got some varieties of cancer that have quite effective treatments. We've got people who have had their hunger temporarily slaked, when we all know how psychologically important being hungry is.

But, I cannot even begin to imagine the social benefit of someone like Macklemore, and their songs (warning, F-bombs, but durned fun). They were lucky to get some hits, but they changed the thinking of an entire cohort of 'late teens early 20s' kids, and helped erode decades of the fashion industry's efforts to enslave them.

Now, obviously, it's much 'easier' for 'normal folk' to be good with both their dollars and their influence. It's way tougher to get lotsa influence in mainstream media AND get lotsa money at the same time.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    It wasn't so long ago I would have said the real unsung heroes in our society are the underpaid, over worked and rarely appreciated teachers who are educated on par with doctors, lawyers and engineers, yet are paid on par with Taco Bell employees and held in esteem just below garbage collectors. But the liberal leanings and anti-gun philosophy they seem to espouse lately makes me bite my tongue. I have to question how they can teach the Constitution and Bill of Rights without understanding them.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Did you know Miley Cyrus is one of the top minds in Small-Particle Physics at Oxford University when not performing and holds the Loranzo Chair of Professor in Physics currently?
    I am not sure why people are surprised to find young pop stars are experts in physics. Britney Spears' Guide to Semiconductor Physics

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    It wasn't so long ago I would have said the real unsung heroes in our society are the underpaid, over worked and rarely appreciated teachers who are educated on par with doctors, lawyers and engineers, yet are paid on par with Taco Bell employees and held in esteem just below garbage collectors. But the liberal leanings and anti-gun philosophy they seem to espouse lately makes me bite my tongue. I have to question how they can teach the Constitution and Bill of Rights without understanding them.
    Just remember, people can be awesome even if they're not perfect!
    detective likes this.
    There WILL be patents with this (simple) discovery. That, and "type III levers". It's untapped wealth, waiting for you who Google. Or your kids. People expanding on the potential are welcome to elucidate; I didn't phrase it well

HO HO HO, Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!! Wwwwooooooohhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa! I hope my little girl, who can only see her image, doesn't follow it.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I'd bet if she was anti gun/liberal Democrat, she's be viewed a lot differently by the few on this forum who actually tolerate her.
    Hey, she did get to have a wrecking ball removed from a local college in her honor.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isn’t an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent95 View Post
    You got right or wrong,and who knows?You left out who cares?
    Yes, that's one reason I broke up with her. That plus her constant neediness, "Do you love me?", "Do you love me?", "I pray for your body" - well, you know, I tried to tell her gently but she went hysterical on me and now it's constant phone calls with nothing but weeping and sighing - Ugh! It's REALLY embarrassing to see that. Finally told her "I know I have a good body, I know 65 is your type, but I'm a person too, not just a sex-object. You'll be OK and move on, c'mon Miley Smiley, wipe that tear away."

Think she felt a little better the poor kid.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links