More outrage from the People's Republic of Maryland

This is a discussion on More outrage from the People's Republic of Maryland within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Watch this and see how this parent is treated during a meeting when he questions "Common Core". This happened earlier this week. Now, imagine how ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By blitzburgh

Thread: More outrage from the People's Republic of Maryland

VIP Member

Thumbs down More outrage from the People's Republic of Maryland

Watch this and see how this parent is treated during a meeting when he questions "Common Core". This happened earlier this week.

Now, imagine how people are when gun control and the 2A is discussed.

Parent Arrested from Common Core Meeting for speaking out of turn - YouTube
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Jean lo you need to give up on these conspiracy notions! Don't you understand the government know what is best for us! The teacher's union will be sure to impart what the little mush melon heads need to know!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Would this guy have had opportunity to ask his questions following the rules of the format?
    If yes, he was causing a disturbance unjustly, he should have waited his turn to make his case.
    If he would not have been able to pose his questions to the board because of them cherry-picking
    which questions to answer, I salute this guy for not laying down like the common sheep.

With the little information presented, I can't really admire or condemn the man.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    I am unsure what the "meeting" was about. However, after hearing the phrases "This is not a CNN political debate", "You're asking softball questions", "Let the man ask his question", and "You people have the right to ask questions", I can only conclude that he is one of the few "Real Men" left up there. Good for him. He's got my respect. I doubt that he will be teaching much longer. Probably doesn't have too many friends on Facebook either.

People's Republic of Maryland? That's quite fitting...
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

IIRC, the format was people had to write down their questions, they then would be read and addressed. Sounds to me like an attempt to refuse opportunity for rebuttal or further inquiry if a canned-skirt-the-issue (non)answer was given.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    Here's more about it. The questions had to be submitted, then the committee selected the questions to be addressed. I don't know exactly what happened with his question. Maybe he was wrong for standing up and speaking out, maybe not, it probably depends on your view point. Maybe he figured the only way his question would ever be addressed is to just stand up and ask it.
    Would it have taken that long to give him an answer?

It would be like going to a meeting on gun rights and the only questions being addressed are the ones that ask how more gun laws can be enacted.

Questions on Common Core? ?Shut up,? they explained The Right Scoop -
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Well if the school administration is not going to follow the guidelines of public meeting ,why should the parents?Looks and smells like the school board /school administration and local law enforcement need a reminder of who they work for.
    The easy way is always mined.

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Was the security guy LEO or a Rent-a-cop?
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    Wow. Proper etiquette or not regarding the format of this guy's question, that was ridiculous. I have no idea what the guy was talking about, but If I was there, I would have been the next one that they'd have to shove out the door.

Links