UGLY- Chicago Gangs on Social Media

This is a discussion on UGLY- Chicago Gangs on Social Media within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Of course this is all the NRA's fault... Public Enemies: Social Media Is Fueling Gang Wars in Chicago |...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: UGLY- Chicago Gangs on Social Media

UGLY- Chicago Gangs on Social Media

Of course this is all the NRA's fault...

Public Enemies: Social Media Is Fueling Gang Wars in Chicago |

2. Remove Ads

Thank God for their stupidity. By posting pictures of themselves with guns, drugs, etc. and broadcasting plans (and confessions) of violence on social media, LEO's can identify the threat and save lives.

The younger generation just simply doesn't give a damn and they're starting off younger and younger and you can bet your last dollar they know real well that their age will get them light(er) sentences. All I can I really do is just pray for these kids and the LAC who live near them.
    Jeanlouise, StormRhydr and Sister like this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

So many guns in chitown? ?How can this be?Machine pistols in the great city by lake ......unfathomable.Watched a couple of the vids these turds made ......its a good thing talk comes cheap.
    The easy way is always mined.

Let them keep doing it. Quite a few of those worthless idiots have been caught because of there own stupidity.
    atctimmy and JoJoGunn like this.

We must put common sense restrictions on social media. An account must be loaded with no more than 7 tweets at a time. The time it takes to change accounts for more tweets could save people's lives from these violent twitter nuts. Why do you NEED more tweets than that? What legitimate communication NEEDS 8 tweets, and can't be done in 7? Background checks on who is allowed to join twitter would scare away straw account makers and stop more of these dangerous accounts from coming into existence. Like Biden said, all you really need is a myspace account. Simply fire two myspace messages off into the internet and that'll get the job done in any situation.

If it saves even just one child, then we are obligated to try.

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    This filth and total lack of any morals is spilling over into the suburbs. As a general rule of thumb (historically speaking from a sociological point of view) the health of a society can be determined by mimicry. When the poor and underclass are emulating the wealthy and upperclass the trajectory is toward more civilization and civil behavior. When the wealthy and upper class begin to emulate the poor and lower class the trajectory is towards chaos and incivility.

From the music, social media, and generally across the board culturally we've done what took the Romans 500 years in less than two hundred. We've taken an upward arc, and plunged it the other way, and we've done it exactly like they did it; by providing so much free stuff (gifts from the treasury) that work has become something for suckers, and there are now more takers than makers demanding more and more free stuff, and they will vote for whomever will give it to them.

We now have a declining culture where the lowest common denominator is turned into celebrity and fascination not just by the underclass, but by the wider society in general, and those who claim wealth an celebrity try to outdo each other by emulating the dregs, and attempting to shock each other with their behavior is beyond epidemic proportions. This is all actually aided by no class structure or convention in this free country (normally a good thing which provides opportunity and social mobility) which is perhaps why we seem to be on such an accelerated arc into the cellar.

Never before have our rights, especially to be armed and able to defend ourselves, been so vitally important. Baring catastrophe, and the suffering that creates value for this easy life (I.e. actual starvation, actual poverty, actual deprivation and loss of property rights) it is not going to improve, and it will have to get far worse before it does...which is the good news. Survive what comes, and a society will be rejuvenated. Culture is self correcting and cyclical. There is every possibility we live at or near the pinnacle of ours, and it's just a guess, but if we last half as long as the Romans given the acceleration that technology she's enabled that will have been one hell of a run. I hope people in the future learn more from our mistakes than we have from the Romans, because we are doing exactly the things that they did to destroy themselves, exactly the same things...
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Grbr, despite your overt and clever irony I'm wishing that there was a "hate" button in addition to the "like" one.
    Brent95 likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by CIBMike View Post
    So many guns in chitown? ?How can this be?Machine pistols in the great city by lake ......unfathomable.Watched a couple of the vids these turds made ......its a good thing talk comes cheap.
    Actually, they're not cowards. Though they're certainly not brave either. They just literally don't care, which to me is the scariest thing of all.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Thank God for their stupidity. By posting pictures of themselves with guns, drugs, etc. and broadcasting plans (and confessions) of violence on social media, LEO's can identify the threat and save lives.
    Only if LE leverages this effectively. Only if the courts/DA's will allow it to occur effectively (without plea-downs and the rest of the revolving-door crap).

Have lived in places where regional "task force" approaches worked reasonably well. Have never lived in a place where it worked to visibly erase signs of threat and presence.

Imagine just how useful those "locator" type apps are, when used in the context of 'bangers going after others. Very powerful little capability. A few lookouts, a little online activity, possibly the occasional cracking into the "smart" (risky) phones as they pass by ... and voila, another target identified.
    redsaber75 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    I bet Rahm Emanuel and Gary McCarthy do some cameos in those videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redsaber75 View Post

Totally lost generation. The likelyhood of any one of them ever being an asset to society is very low. Most of them will be dead by age 35 only to be replaced by the next crop of gangbangers and the cycle will repeat and repeat.

The only way to stem the tide is birth control, seriously.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I do think that it is easy for the middle age and older generations to say that it is a problem with young people. They forget that their generation spit on soldiers, had horrific crime rates and raised the "lost" generation. The family has been subverted by the generations preceding, which has only amplified in this generation.

If good young people would stop waiting until they are 40 to get married and have less than 1.9 children, then there would be a good, counter-cultural generation to oppose these ridiculous groups. We need to lose the attitude that all is lost becasue it doesn't have to be. Raise up a generation that will kill the lion in the street rather than hiding away and letting it destory the city. That is what I'm doing in my family. Flood the world with morally upright young people.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

I get tired of hearing that my generation is somehow the problem. sheesh. This isn't an age thing. This is about cultures clashing.
    manolito likes this.
    You have until 6:00 to leave town.

Break your gun on a stump!

This is an excellent read that I would recommend to anyone wanting a different perspective of the Chicago gang violence -- from the inside looking out!
    The pen may be mightier than the sword, but a .45 caliber sword on the right hip can come in pretty handy sometime.

i am happy w/this, since it will all be used in court for convictions.they are clueless.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

I had seen the results in prison this is where those results come from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links