Chi-town mass shooting

Chi-town mass shooting

This is a discussion on Chi-town mass shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Four Charged in Mass Chicago Shooting | ABC News - Yahoo Seems to be a nice group of thugs ....................got off easy on past crimes ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By pittypat21
  • 1 Post By Jaeger

Thread: Chi-town mass shooting

VIP Member

Chi-town mass shooting

Four Charged in Mass Chicago Shooting | ABC News - Yahoo

Seems to be a nice group of thugs ....................got off easy on past crimes . Hang-em high
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    How does a convicted felon get busted for being a felon in possession of a firearm, and remain on the street to murder people?

Banning "military style" weapons isn't going to change what went wrong here!
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Does anyone else think that this:

Champ, who police said also fired a gun, is a documented gang member who was convicted of a felony - unlawful use of a weapon by a felon - last year, but was only sentenced to boot camp, according to police.
    might be part of the problem?

They don't need stricter gun laws. They just need to enforce what they have and not let these guys off with boot camp.

For some reason, I get the feeling that none of those fellows had their NRA dues paid up.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    For some reason, I get the feeling that none of those fellows had their NRA dues paid up.
    It's the NRA's fault for not collecting.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

They keep referring to the weapon as "military grade" was it a full auto? Or is McCarthy just talking out his nether region again?

Champ, who police said also fired a gun, is a documented gang member who was convicted of a felony - unlawful use of a weapon by a felon - last year, but was only sentenced to boot camp, according to police.
    "If Bryon Champ is not on the street - as he shouldn't have been - this incident likely does not occur," McCarthy said.
    "If Champ is not on the street, there's no retaliation because there's no incident,"
    Police Superintendent McCarthy makes some good sense, at first. But then he goes and says this:

McCarthy today reiterated his calls for stricter gun laws to help crack down on the city's gun violence problems.
    "Illegal guns and weapons designed for war do not belong on the streets of Chicago," he said.
    What you fail to understand, sir, is that your laws have not and would not have helped anything in this scenario.

Champ and his pals already should not have had firearms. Your laws make it illegal for felons to have firearms. And yet, THEY STILL HAD FIREARMS. What in the heck makes you think MORE laws would have changed anything?!?!
    DJC7, welder516 and Sister like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    If someone says "military grade" to me, or someone of my vintage, that means the cheapest and crumbiest one they could find and buy in lots of 1000, 1 each.
    DJC7 likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Like tdave mentioned, the article states that :

"Illegal guns and weapons designed for war do not belong on the streets of Chicago," he said.

This seems to be the new battle cry of the anti-gun zealots. It is interesting that the end of the article mentions a double murder involving strangulation and arson. Proof again that people kill people, and the weapon used is very much a secondary consideration.

VIP Member
    If they would " Control " and punish the criminals in an effective manner i do believe they could reduce and help . And put to death the persons that have earned that in which the crimes they have committed .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Ex Member Array Manderinobyebye's Avatar
    It showed on wikipedia in 2011 Chicago had 435 murders.That was the lowest from 1988-2012.It showed a couple of years they had over 900 murders.It's almost like it's just accepted.

Links