Autopsy: Hannah Anderson's Mother, Brother Beaten and Burned:

This is a discussion on Autopsy: Hannah Anderson's Mother, Brother Beaten and Burned: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, this guy is dead and his kidnap victim saved but I still only made it thru 2 1\2 paragraphs before the "too angry to ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By Ghost1958
  • 2 Post By Betty
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By WHEC724

Thread: Autopsy: Hannah Anderson's Mother, Brother Beaten and Burned:

Autopsy: Hannah Anderson's Mother, Brother Beaten and Burned:

Well, this guy is dead and his kidnap victim saved but I still only made it thru 2 1\2 paragraphs before the "too angry to sleep" line was reached - my line in the sand. maybe you'll do better if you choose to read this.

I'd never act on what comes up emotionally when I see or read such things: but the unanswerable question roars to life: how can human beings be the most wondrous beings ever created (the 9/11 Firefighters, the hundreds of police struggling against great danger to find this poor girl, and on and on)?. And how can human beings be the plague of the universe, spit hot from hell, as easily torturing and killing as putting on their shoes?

Autopsy: Hannah Anderson's Mother, Brother Were Beaten and Burned
    (By Lateef Mungin and Calandra Corder, CNN)

Autopsy: Hannah Anderson's mother, brother were beaten and burned - CNN.com

2. Remove Ads

I'm going to start reading it now and see if I can identify your "too angry to sleep" line.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

We had a case much like this without the kidnapping several years ago about 8 miles from me. . The mother was beaten and two precious little girls raped and then all three bound and the house burned down on top of them.

The killer was caught. Im proud to say one of the investigators who played a key role in indentifying finding and arresting the murderer is and always has been since we were young a good friend of mine.

That said this guy was not insane. My daughter worked in the jail that housed him for quite a long time.

Its just a fact of life that there are people in this world that are not mentally ill nor insane, just mean and vicious and determined to have what they want when they want it no matter what that takes or who it hurts or kills.
    detective, RichB70, darbo and 1 others like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

"In the beginning I was a victim, but now knowing everyone out there is helping me, I consider myself a survivor instead," she told NBC News. "My mom raised me to be strong."
    My prayers really go out for this undoubtedly strong young lady.

The contents of that article sure are sickening. While it's beyond me how people can do such evil things, it is not surprising to me anymore.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I'm going to start reading it now and see if I can identify your "too angry to sleep" line.
    OK. There actually was a specific place I bailed out and thought "I can't handle this. I'm out"

With the amount of terrible things mentioned, I'm at a loss here.. it could be any one of them. Which one was it?

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    My prayers really go out for this undoubtedly strong young lady.

The contents of that article sure are sickening. While it's beyond me how people can do such evil things, it is not surprising to me anymore.
    No, nor to me either - that's the scary part, horror lurks on the next news-page all the time.

PS I bailed at the mention of the 8 yr old brother having broken bones and what that meant. Too much right now.

I am grieved by the mother and brothers ordeal and death. I am thankful for the girls survival and hopeful for her recovery.

VIP Member
    I don't think I can get myself to read it, so I'll pass. I have two little ones. It was worrisome enough when my son was born, but terrifying when my daughter was born. There's only so much I can do to protect them and give them the skills to protect themselves. I can't put them in armored bubbles and lock them away in the house all day, away from everybody. I can only vet the people around them the best I can and keep my eyes and ears open. I intend to raise my children to know they can trust me with anything - if someone makes them uncomfortable or creeps them out, I want to know - no matter who the person is.

This guy was a close family friend who was in the house all the time, traveled with them, took the daughter to and from places. He was trusted and probably knew everything about them. It's easy to say, "If he came at me to try to beat me, I'd shoot him." How many close friends who are up in your house and participate in regular family activities know you are armed, or at least are so exposed to your home and daily activities that they see the subtle or outright hints that you are armed? A firearm publication here, your cleaning kit there? Your guard is mostly down around close friends. You wouldn't even see it coming. What this man did was a cold, calculated betrayal, and he'd probably been wanting this girl for quite some time.
    Jeanlouise and detective like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

VIP Member
    I can't read it either, the title is enough for me. Betty pretty much summed up my thoughts so I won't repeat.

Be careful of who you let into your inner circle. Look at who the other people are that they are friends with.

So horrific.
    detective likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

The problem is that evil lurks among us and we have stopped recognizing it. This dead perp was showing signs of it but unfortunately, nobody heeded the warnings and he went ballistic and those things are what he did by choice.
    We need to be aware that there are evil people that will do whatever they want to whoever they wish, it's just that simple.

However, there is a growing number of people who just do not believe in evil forces in this world. The victim will survive but her recovery may never be complete. All we can do is pray for her healing. This tragedy is the result of not paying attention to and yes, believing evil exists.

Society needs to learn by this and start taking steps to understand it is the evil intentions of people that we need to be aware of.
    detective and WHEC724 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    The problem is that evil lurks among us and we have stopped recognizing it. This dead perp was showing signs of it but unfortunately, nobody heeded the warnings and he went ballistic and those things are what he did by choice.
    We need to be aware that there are evil people that will do whatever they want to whoever they wish, it's just that simple.

However, there is a growing number of people who just do not believe in evil forces in this world. The victim will survive but her recovery may never be complete. All we can do is pray for her healing. This tragedy is the result of not paying attention to and yes, believing evil exists.

Society needs to learn by this and start taking steps to understand it is the evil intentions of people that we need to be aware of.
    There's a wide circle of acquaintances that I'm friendly with. There is a very small circle of people whom I trust.

That said, ironically every day I entrust the life and well-being of my son to the administrators and teachers at his school. Having met all of them, I'm both comforted and horrified. The only way to eliminate that risk is to home-school him. In our case, we would be limiting his education experience by our own ineptitude in teaching skills, as well as the social experiences he would forego. All I can do is let him live his life to the fullest, knowing that there is risk that comes with that. I also take solace in the "bigger picture" described by my spiritual beliefs, which I won't address here.
    oakchas likes this.

I do read these things. All the way through. I want to KNOW my enemy.

I have children, grown now, and grandchildren. I do what I can to protect them, even though I don't get to see them as often as I should.

As to how this could happen...

We were born into a world at war.

If you haven't noticed, that war has escalated in recent years. It's not just "wars and rumors of wars" it's full on battle in EVERY aspect of our lives. It is the war between good and evil. You can choose to put a religious bent on it or not, but if you fail to see it, you are indeed blind.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Its just a fact of life that there are people in this world that are not mentally ill nor insane, just mean and vicious and determined to have what they want when they want it no matter what that takes or who it hurts or kills.

One of this world's great and enduring lessons, something each and every person needs to appreciate in order to survive such things or even see them coming.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Without this evil in life . We would not know and appreciate the joys in lfe .
    We must be Sad to be Happy
    We must feel pain to feel good
    We must lose to appreciate what we have
    We have had evil people sharing the world with us we do need to take clues and cues from them so we can keep our distance . And punish the ones to the most extreme way possible (death) once they are caught.
    Love your families every day tell someone you love them .

And no i will not read it not because i get squimish but because no good can come from it i already know they suffered and may they rest in peace .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Links