Pakastani Earthquake Creates Island

This is a discussion on Pakastani Earthquake Creates Island within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake that hit Pakistan's Baluchistan province early Tuesday morning was a 7.8 magnitude. Officials recently said that at least ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 2 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 1 Post By Sister

Thread: Pakastani Earthquake Creates Island

Pakastani Earthquake Creates Island

The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake that hit Pakistan's Baluchistan province early Tuesday morning was a 7.8 magnitude. Officials recently said that at least 150 people died during the quake, with that number expected to rise as the Pakistani military continues the clean up. Many one-level houses in the impoverished area where the quake hit collapsed on the people inside.

In addition to the physical damage, the power and force of the quake was underscored by the small, visible island that rose off the coast of Gwadar in the Arabian Sea. Reuters reports "a crowd of bewildered people [gathered] on the shore to witness the rare phenomenon." Pakistan's Geo News reports "the island's altitude is 20 to 40 feet and width around 100 feet," and that the island is roughly 350 feet off shore, citing deputy inspector general Moazzam Jah. Arif Mahmood, the head of Pakistan's meteorological department, says they're planning to investigate further.
    Pakistan's Earthquake Was So Powerful It Created a New Island - Connor Simpson - The Atlantic Wire

Pretty interesting. That sure would be an amazing sight to see. If this one sticks around, is anybody able to claim it?
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

2. Remove Ads

Estimated 1000 to 4600 dead and they probably woke up thinking nothing special was going to happen that day.

VIP Member
    If only California would break off and become a very, very offshore island. Minus the death count of course.
    RichB70 and Sister like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

I keep thinking the trick is to go have babies on the islands, and then claim the island for your country. We always do these lammo "plant flags, troop exercises, scientific surveys" of these teeny islands, in order to maintain the legal claim. Babies, that's where the true claim is.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Distinguished Member
    I thought this was wild that an island formed. Not that anybody should care what I think. Going back to my room now.
    CanuckQue likes this.
    Matthew 10:33

But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

~ Jesus ~

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    I thought this was wild that an island formed. Not that anybody should care what I think. Going back to my room now.
    I care but you should still go back to your room.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links