Wealth Inequality: You Thought It Was Bad; WRONG! It's HORRIBLE:

This is a discussion on Wealth Inequality: You Thought It Was Bad; WRONG! It's HORRIBLE: within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is long but well worth it. I stuck to the first two animated graphs, one a bar-graph, the other with the little figures of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: Wealth Inequality: You Thought It Was Bad; WRONG! It's HORRIBLE:

Wealth Inequality: You Thought It Was Bad; WRONG! It's HORRIBLE:

This is long but well worth it. I stuck to the first two animated graphs, one a bar-graph, the other with the little figures of a 100 representative citizens. Whatever, this is eye-popping disgusting information. WHY DON'T WE MAKE NOISE ABOUT THIS,
    80% of Americans?

To add to this: I just saw yesterday in the NY Times the official data that the Recession is NOT in recovery whatsoever except for corporate profits and the small group of Americans who benefit greatly from those, Yes indeedy, the Recession has ended for them. But for the Poor and Middle Class, accumulation of wealth is as low as it has been the last 5 yrs - and as this link's info will show, that is really low and has been deteriorating since the late 70s.

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact

THE LINK WORKS NOW
    (CLICK CLOSE ON THE POP-UP)
    StormRhydr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    A long time ago, the owner of a company cared about this country, his community and his workers. Now all many really care about is money in their pockets. If companies would go back to country, community and workers, we would be a lot better off. This view they have has driven the outsourcing craze, the buying of junk from China and the cutting back of workers to part time.
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    As long as Americans continue to "buy junk from China" companies will continue to have it made there.

How many of you are old enough to remember Sam Walton and his stores that had huge banners hanging in them saying, "MADE IN THE USA". When old Sam met with manufacturers he told them what he wanted and how much he would pay. They did his bidding. Now look at the country of origin of most of what is for sale in WalMart stores. But people buy it.

I don't. But I'm in a minority. If a majority of Americans refused to buy from WalMart until they went back to selling products made in America the entire economy could be turned around. Yes - WalMart has that much purchasing power with companies. And yes, Americans could have that much effect on WalMart.
    Oldpsufan and Gearhead like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    As long as Americans continue to "buy junk from China" companies will continue to have it made there.
    We buy what the stores supply for us. The reason we get so much stuff from China is because it increases the profits for the companies.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    We buy what the stores supply for us. The reason we get so much stuff from China is because it increases the profits for the companies.
    Yep, that's what all the Sheeple do.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    No kidding. That's the point of business. TO MAKE MONEY. Nevermind the bull crap regs and taxes that DRIVE them to the point where they have NO CHOICE but to offshore or shutter the doors.
    Betty, Jeanlouise and Tzadik like this.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

I dont want to hear one word about "cheap junk from China". Why? Because its a myth.

Ever seen a cheap pair of new Air Jordans? Cheap Iphones?

I have lots of high end cookware from Williams Sonoma. Allclad brand. Some of its made in china. I have a rather expensive "Schwinn" brand bike. Not their best, but mid range bike. You cant get more American than a Schwinn bicycle...except, yes you can. See, mine says on it "DESIGNED in the USA". Made elsewhere.

NONE of the above are cheap products... they are just cheap to make. See, if you have slave labor making your stuff, its pretty cheap....FOR YOU. So you sell at high prices, and reap exponential rewards.

We need to scrap every one of these "free trade agreements", put tariffs back in place to protect our manufacturing base, (like we did for the FIRST two hundred years of our country), throw the bought off bums out of office, and start taking this country back.

A whole lot of folks had better wake up and smell the coffee on this subject. Remember those "Dirty hippies" of occupy wall street?

They were fighting this fight... AND THEY WERE RIGHT! Oh, remember the union protesters in WI??? Wanna guess what they were called???

They were called the very same thing as the OWS protesters...."Dirty hippies", because they camped out in the state capital. Of course the term is meant to make everyone dismiss them. Its no coincidence that THEY WERE BOTH FIGHTING FOR THE SAME THING, and THE SAME ENEMY. And no coincidence that they were both labeled the same by the corporate media.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    This is long but well worth it. I stuck to the first two animated graphs, one a bar-graph, the other with the little figures of a 100 representative citizens. Whatever, this is eye-popping disgusting information. WHY DON'T WE MAKE NOISE ABOUT THIS,
    80% of Americans?

To add to this: I just saw yesterday in the NY Times the official data that the Recession is NOT in recovery whatsoever except for corporate profits and the small group of Americans who benefit greatly from those, Yes indeedy, the Recession has ended for them. But for the Poor and Middle Class, accumulation of wealth is as low as it has been the last 5 yrs - and as this link's info will show, that is really low and has been deteriorating since the late 70s.

9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact

THE LINK WORKS NOW
    (CLICK CLOSE ON THE POP-UP)

VIP Member
    The other day we were assembling some plastic pop-together shelving. It was wobbly and the caps didn't even fit without falling out, and a WHOLE TIER was missing from one set. I said, "Cheap Chinese junk!" And then I looked at the label. MADE IN THE USA. Then I said, "Union labor!"
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Don't know if this fits or not, 2011 IRS figures say that the upper 20% salaries increased 19% from 2010. Do you have any friends who's salary increased that much?

Who is going to benefit the most from O'care? Big business, the top money earners. Small business suffers and goes away. Big business takes over...
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

VIP Member
    What would be a proper distribution, and why?
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I'd like to suggest you read Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else: Chrystia Freeland: 9781594204098: Amazon.com: Books

Also, just forget about "Made in China" for a bit and think about the fact that the average American CEO earns 380 x the salary of his companies average worker

Say it... 380 times the salary of his average worker..

I recall one passage in the above mentioned book where a billionaire justified oursourcing to other countries because for the money he paid an American he could give GOOD jobs to 6 Chinese and as a bonus keep half the money for himself! What a wonderful Citizen of the World.

Anyway I may have gotten the exact details wrong but the point is that if you buy the hogwash served up that somehow it's taxes or regulations or anything except unbridle greed by the 1% or really the 0.1% you need a wakeup call

Oh, and to keep it on the topic of 2A and firearms....if you think for one second that the 0.1% have any intention of you having anything like personal weaponry you'd better think again and the more they own and control the tighter it'll get
    StormRhydr and detective like this.

VIP Member
    When I graduated from college, I moved to New England. I was a government G-man with a GS salary. My wife and I lived in an apartment that we could barely afford, and not because we "wanted the best." It was because we could barely afford any apartments at the time. Let's just say that sometimes my rent payment was synchronized by necessity to my two-week pay periods.

We would take walks often, and just as often we would walk by large homes with nice, large yards. Quite expensive. Not 1%'ers, mind you, but quite nice by the other 99% standards.

Never once did I think "Why do they have what I do not?"

Instead, I always thought "How can I one day have what they now have?"

I have never pondered the former, and I have often pondered the latter. So far in my life that mindset has served me well.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I couldnt agree more. Its not the politicians who are behind this "disarm our people" push. Its the ones who bought the poilticians who are giving them their marching orders.

I think they are getting a mite nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by wdbailey View Post
    I'd like to suggest you read Plutocrats: The Rise of the New Global Super-Rich and the Fall of Everyone Else: Chrystia Freeland: 9781594204098: Amazon.com: Books

Also, just forget about "Made in China" for a bit and think about the fact that the average American CEO earns 380 x the salary of his companies average worker

Say it... 380 times the salary of his average worker..

I recall one passage in the above mentioned book where a billionaire justified oursourcing to other countries because for the money he paid an American he could give GOOD jobs to 6 Chinese and as a bonus keep half the money for himself! What a wonderful Citizen of the World.

Anyway I may have gotten the exact details wrong but the point is that if you buy the hogwash served up that somehow it's taxes or regulations or anything except unbridle greed by the 1% or really the 0.1% you need a wakeup call

Oh, and to keep it on the topic of 2A and firearms....if you think for one second that the 0.1% have any intention of you having anything like personal weaponry you'd better think again and the more they own and control the tighter it'll get

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post

How many of you are old enough to remember Sam Walton and his stores that had huge banners hanging in them saying, "MADE IN THE USA". When old Sam met with manufacturers he told them what he wanted and how much he would pay. They did his bidding. Now look at the country of origin of most of what is for sale in WalMart stores. But people buy it.

I don't. But I'm in a minority. If a majority of Americans refused to buy from WalMart until they went back to selling products made in America the entire economy could be turned around. Yes - WalMart has that much purchasing power with companies. And yes, Americans could have that much effect on WalMart.
    I know I'll get flamed big time for this, but.................

I have 30+ years working for Wal-Mart. If you want to know why you don't see those "Made in USA" signs any more, it's because the USA made stuff was rapidly going to junk!

To get any kind of quality in merchandise, we had to look to companies overseas. A very bad testament to US workers. We have lived the good life for too long. It's time to buckle down and get to work!
    niks, Tzadik, WHEC724 and 2 others like this.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links