Finally GOOD NEWS and a Great Teen: Well Worth a Look, We BADLY Need it!

This is a discussion on Finally GOOD NEWS and a Great Teen: Well Worth a Look, We BADLY Need it! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well here's a good story, REAL good, a counter-agent to all the mass-slaughter of late and other such things. Just today someone posted about teens ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By detective
  • 1 Post By Str8upguy
  • 1 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: Finally GOOD NEWS and a Great Teen: Well Worth a Look, We BADLY Need it!

Finally GOOD NEWS and a Great Teen: Well Worth a Look, We BADLY Need it!

Well here's a good story, REAL good, a counter-agent to all the mass-slaughter of late and other such things. Just today someone posted about teens convicted of home invasion. So, for me anyway, this kid is a relief and more than admirable - I'm using him as a role model. I never thought of this, just gave my own old-stuff to organizations for homeless. Look at all the good this much younger person does by his intelligence and compassion, (and sounds like super-parents). Very moving as well, for the plight of the people helped so much from his efforts - makes me appreciate what I have more instead of taking it for granted:

Helping Homeless Kids Put Their Best Foot Forward
    (By Laura Klairmont, CNN)

Helping homeless kids put their best foot forward - CNN.com
    Str8upguy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Great story. Thanks for sharing
    detective likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Interesting.... I've posted threads with the usual horror stories and threads about good stuff. The good stuff, like this one, seems to have quite a few less posts. Wonder if we self-select the bad news without knowing it...

Distinguished Member
    I love that story, how wonderful! Thank you for sharing, we always need to hear goodness in this world. That young man was raised well, his parents are awesome too!
    detective likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Interesting.... I've posted threads with the usual horror stories and threads about good stuff. The good stuff, like this one, seems to have quite a few less posts. Wonder if we self-select the bad news without knowing it...
    Or maybe not near as many people check out the off topic forum. Plus, it was posted at 2 AM which means it could have gotten buried by on topic threads on the Active Topics list.

Good story though, selfless kid.
    detective likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Sometimes people read a good story and just sit back and smile, thinking, maybe there is hope in the world. At times it will leave some without something to say. Thanks for sharing....
    detective likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    People have posted on other threads here things like, "I'm only one individual. I can't fight big (government, industry, Soros billions, etc.)"

This young person didn't post a complaint on an on line forum: He took action!

Well, if one teenager can make this much difference, think of what each of us can do! There are hundreds more stories like this, where one person acted and others joined in and together they made a huge difference. This is grass roots organizing at its best - and it WORKS!
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

VIP Member
    Great story and reminder that our kids haven't totally gone to...heck.

Lots of good out there still.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

This is one of those human interest stories that gives the old fogies here hope that there's some light at the end of the tunnel. His folks did a great job of raising him. Reminds me of that TV show 30 years ago called Highway To Heaven or something similar starring Michael Landon.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    People have posted on other threads here things like, "I'm only one individual. I can't fight big (government, industry, Soros billions, etc.)"

This young person didn't post a complaint on an on line forum: He took action!

Well, if one teenager can make this much difference, think of what each of us can do! There are hundreds more stories like this, where one person acted and others joined in and together they made a huge difference. This is grass roots organizing at its best - and it WORKS!
    Yes, great point, this is one reason I really like this story. That number when I first read it blew my mind: 10,000 pairs of shoes! And then when I read what a HUGE thing such an ordinary piece of clothing made to these poor unfortunate kids (1.5 million there are!) All from one 16 yr old who at 5 years old was given compassion by his mother when she took him to the shelter - made me really stop and think. Human beings have tremendous power and we walk along often so preoccupied we don't even notice the suffering around us. That's why I said this youngster is a role model. He acted! He didn't just walk by the kid with no shoes. A great Christmas story this would make!

Links