UN: Humans responsible for global warming

This is a discussion on UN: Humans responsible for global warming within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Always a nice topic to start the day LOL U.N. climate change report points blame at humans - CNN.com...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree112Likes

Thread: UN: Humans responsible for global warming

UN: Humans responsible for global warming

Always a nice topic to start the day LOL
    U.N. climate change report points blame at humans - CNN.com
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's it. I'm selling the X-Terra and driving the golf cart from now on.

I'll try not to exhale, too.
    pgrass101 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If humans are causing global warming, it's because there are too many of them and our body temperatures are raising the Earth's temp. There is a simple solution: all of those who believe that humans are causing the problem should kill themselves immediately.

Problem solved.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaSig View Post
    If humans are causing global warming, it's because there are too many of them and our body temperatures are raising the Earth's temp. There is a simple solution: all of those who believe that humans are causing the problem should kill themselves immediately.

Problem solved.
    So simple, it's genius!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap

Problem solved.
    That's a profound and ignorant statement.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's a profound and ignorant statement.
    Well, you're half right....

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    This from the organization that wants to take away our guns.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I could spend hours telling you why this is a hoax. With all the evidence that it has been made up, and the fact that the planet is in a cooling mode. However if you haven’t figured it out yet, it will most likely be wasted time on both are parts.
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

There are natural forces at work to which we may only have a slight degree of influence. What about that mud island after the Pakistani earthquake. Did WE cause that? Nope. The earthquake did that.

I think we know so little about weather patterns that it is impossible to judge what affect we would even have on our planet. How do they explain the many Ice Ages followed by massive warming that melted miles thick ice sheets that covered the nearly northern half of earth thousands of years ago? I doubt if there were enough humans around to melt glaciers.

I think we do have an impact on our environment, we pollute, we move dirt and rock and we denude areas by overharvesting timber, and yes, we chuck out CO2 and other noxious gasses. I don't know if those things affect the weather. It just seems too "convenient" for these folks who may see money in peddling "Green" stuff.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

So what, humans are causing global warming.......and???? Let me be the first to say, I don't give a crap!!!
    oldnfat and ksholder like this.
    I don't always carry two concealed S&W 500's.........JUST KIDDING!

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    I could spend hours telling you why this is a hoax. With all the evidence that it has been made up, and the fact that the planet is in a cooling mode. However if you haven’t figured it out yet, it will most likely be wasted time on both are parts.
    These things called fact say the planet is warming, the only thing in question is the amount, if any, that humans have to do with it.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Well, you're half right....
    You're right; it's not profound. Humans are "a" cause of global warming, but not "the" cause.
    ShooterGranny and pgrass101 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    There are natural forces at work to which we may only have a slight degree of influence. What about that mud island after the Pakistani earthquake. Did WE cause that? Nope. The earthquake did that.

I think we know so little about weather patterns that it is impossible to judge what affect we would even have on our planet. How do they explain the many Ice Ages followed by massive warming that melted miles thick ice sheets that covered the nearly northern half of earth thousands of years ago? I doubt if there were enough humans around to melt glaciers.

I think we do have an impact on our environment, we pollute, we move dirt and rock and we denude areas by overharvesting timber, and yes, we chuck out CO2 and other noxious gasses. I don't know if those things affect the weather. It just seems too "convenient" for these folks who may see money in peddling "Green" stuff.

Lake Michigan was formed from a Glacier. The Glacier melted from the Early Eskimos driving SUVs

VIP Member
    Anybody that paid attention in their stats class, knows that the argument for people being the cause of global warming is a battle for the uneducated.

I'll argue it no more than I would argue with someone who thinks that the world is flat.

That said, even if it were true, the economic damage caused by increasing restrictions on carbon emissions (which by the way is nothing compared to what a volcano puts out) is far more dangerous than the potential warming effects.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinJohns View Post
    Lake Michigan was formed from a Glacier. The Glacier melted from the Early Eskimos driving SUVs
    Yep. And were was Al Gore and his buds when this even occurred?
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links